We're a great fun band playing Irish and Scottish music with amusing little stories to compliment the tunes. A night with us will have you smiling and dancing and singing along. Think of The Dubliners and you'll be close to our sound and music. We play weddings, parties, wakes, festivals and ceilidh events as well as your local pub. Featuring fiddle, banjo, guitar and bodhran we all sing. We can arrange a caller for a Ceilidh if needed. Songs include Whiskey in the Jar, Wild Rover, Dirty Old Town, The Black Velvet Band and The Seven Drunken Nights among many others. In addition we add songs from Scotland and the USA if you would like a wider mix, including songs by Johnny Cash and Andy Stewart. Jigs reels and hornpipes include King of the Faries, the Masons Apron, Drowsy Maggie, Marie's Wedding and Scotland the Brave. We have two albums out at the moment, both available on I tunes and Spotify, and we have played widely across the west country, the midlands and the south east. We've been featured on local radio and TV.
andrew• Sept. 28, 2018
"hi they were fantastic
very good muscians and great selection of songs"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Irish and Scottish music with fun little stories to compliment the dances and songs
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing the Exmouth and Tiverton festivals and appearing on local radio and TV
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Fun! We add in little fun stories to amuse the audience as well playing the dances and tunes: Our motto: Smile, sing, dance!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings/ parties/ festivals/ wakes/ pubs/ corporate events
- Who are your previous clients?Living Coast Torquay (corporate event) , Exeter Respect Festival (booked again this year) Exmouth Festival, Brixham Pirate Festival (booked again this year), Tiverton Balloon festival, The Bell Inn Moretonhampstead, Covelly Festival (booked again this year), The Dolphin Inn Torquay, Boots and Laces pub Torquay, Lots of weddings and corporate events.
- How can event planners pay for your services?By bank transfer or cheque
- How long do you play for?Usually two 45 minute sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Depends how many of us are booked - for four piece band we need about 3 meters by 2 meters as a minimum
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes if you let us know beforehand
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one break of 20 minutes
- Are you fun and entertaining as well as great musicians?YES!
Whiskey in the Jar, The Galway Girl, Mick Mcquire, Wild Rover, Swallowtail Jig, Donald when's your Trousers?, Black Velvet Band, The Banshee, St Ann'e Reel, The Leaving of Liverpool, The Rare Old Mountain Dew, Dirty Old town, The Maid behind the Bar, Molly Malone, The Seven Drunken Nights, Paddy Works on the Railway, Drowsy Maggie, The Rocky Road to Dublin, Tell Me Ma, King of the Fairies, The Fields of Athenrye, P stands for Paddy I Suppose, Galway Races, Spancil Hill, Maries Wedding, Scotland the Brave, McAlpine's Fusiliers, Plus Fulson Prison Blues and Ring of Fire by Johnny cash and Moondance by van Morrison if requested.... plus many more.
We play for Weddings, Parties, Festivals, Wakes, Pubs etc. We provide our own PA and lights and we can add background music via CD for intervals if needed plus play special requests if we know about them in advance.