We're a great fun band playing Irish and Scottish music with amusing little stories to compliment the tunes. A night with us will have you smiling and dancing and singing along. Think of The Dubliners and you'll be close to our sound and music. We play weddings, parties, wakes, festivals and ceilidh events as well as your local pub. Featuring fiddle, banjo, guitar and bodhran we all sing. We can arrange a caller for a Ceilidh if needed. Songs include Whiskey in the Jar, Wild Rover, Dirty Old Town, The Black Velvet Band and The Seven Drunken Nights among many others. In addition we add songs from Scotland and the USA if you would like a wider mix, including songs by Johnny Cash and Andy Stewart. Jigs reels and hornpipes include King of the Faries, the Masons Apron, Drowsy Maggie, Marie's Wedding and Scotland the Brave. We have two albums out at the moment, both available on I tunes and Spotify, and we have played widely across the west country, the midlands and the south east. We've...
andrew• 28 Sep 2018
hi they were fantastic
very good muscians and great selection of songs
- Who are your previous clients?Living Coast Torquay (corporate event) , Exeter Respect Festival (booked again this year) Exmouth Festival, Brixham Pirate Festival (booked again this year), Tiverton Balloon festival, The Bell Inn Moretonhampstead, Covelly Festival (booked again this year), The Dolphin Inn Torquay, Boots and Laces pub Torquay, Lots of weddings and corporate events.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings/ parties/ festivals/ wakes/ pubs/ Corporate Events/ Ceilidhs/ Promotional events/ Adverts
- How can event planners pay for your services?Via bank transfer or cheque to our business account
- Are you fun and entertaining as well as great musicians?YES!
- How can event planners pay for your services?By bank transfer or cheque to our bank account
- How can event planners pay for your services?By bank transfer or cheque
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one break of 20 minutes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes if you let us know beforehand
- How much space do you require?Depends how many of us are booked - for four piece band we need about 3 meters by 2 meters as a minimum
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- How long do you play for?Usually two 45 minute sets
- How long do you play for?Usually two 45 minute sets though we can play longer by negotiation
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings/ parties/ festivals/ wakes/ pubs/ corporate events
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Fun! We add in little fun stories to amuse the audience as well playing the dances and tunes: Our motto: Smile, sing, dance!
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing the Exmouth and Tiverton festivals and appearing on local radio and TV
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Irish and Scottish music with fun little stories to compliment the dances and songs
Whiskey in the Jar, The Galway Girl, Mick Mcquire, Wild Rover, Swallowtail Jig, Donald when's your Trousers?, Black Velvet Band, The Banshee, St Ann'e Reel, The Leaving of Liverpool, The Rare Old Mou...