The Hot Shoes Four are perfect for creating a sophisticated, classy atmosphere at wedding drink receptions, private parties and corporate events.
With a repertiore of 1920s classics and clever re-workings of modern songs with a swing twist, The Hot Shoes Four have a relaxed set list which makes them perfect for background music or events where guests will still be able to talk whilst listening to the music.
Mr and Mrs Horn• 26 May 2018
“Hot Shoes Four played at our wedding celebration and were absolutely fantastic. We found the hiring process with Pete very straight forward, with no hiccups at all. The two sets they played were great with ‘I get a kick out of you’ and ‘Get Lucky’ played at our request. The band were lovely and definitely made our celebration a night to remember!”
Mr and Mrs Hart• 4 Aug 2018
"They were amazingly relaxed and flexible - exactly what you need on your wedding day when nothing seems to run quite to plan!”
Mr and Mrs Evans• 13 Jul 2019
"Punctual and professional, I will definitely book them again…”
Mr and Mrs Navarro• 28 Jun 2019
“Thank you so so so much for performing at our wedding! Everything was smooth on the day and I didn't have to worry about anything which was reassuring. We were so impressed by everything!”
Mr and Mrs Reynolds• 8 Sep 2018
“The whole experience was great, from the ease of booking to your response to my questions, thank you!”
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Hot Shoes Four offers a sophisticated backdrop to any event by performing both authentic repertoire from the 20’s-40’s and modern pop tunes in a swing style.
- What are the highlights of your career?Hot Shoes Four has a wealth of experience of performing for clients such as Porsche, GQ Magazine, Diageo and DHL as well weddings all over the UK. We have also had the privilege to play for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Charles and Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall. Furthermore, we’ve performed at Jazz clubs and festivals around the world, including London Jazz festival, Brecon Jazz festival, Langnau Jazz Nights Switzerland, Hay Festival of literature and countless more.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?There are a lot of 'Postmodern Jukebox' styled bands available on the market at this moment in time. This is something we provide with another band of ours and mainly perform during the main evening entertainment. However, over the past 18 months we've had a lot of interest in clients asking for a smaller band of a similar style that can provide background music for drink receptions and corporate events. This is why we have put together and recorded the Hot Shoes Four. We're very compact and can perform in most settings (weather permitting). We are also all graduates from top UK conservatoires and share a wealth of experience performing at a wide variety of type of event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Wedding receptions and high end corporate events.
- Who are your previous clients?Porsche, British Airways, DHL, Diageo, Keystone Law, GQ magazine, Johnson and Johnson, the wedding of Alex Jones from The One Show and events for the National Trust, Oxford University and The Natural History Museum to name a few.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer is preferable. However, we also accept cheque on the day.
- How long do you play for?Our standard set times are 2 x 45 mins sets or 2 x 60 mins sets. However, the amount of sets and timings are always negotiable.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes - A list of our equipment is available on request.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes - Documents can be emailed on request.
- How much space do you require?Minimum: 4 metres wide by 3 metres deep with a minimum of 2 plug sockets required
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We always try our best to accommodate our clients and if possible we will always try to learn a song that has been requested in advanced. However, sometimes (due to the complexity of the song) it is necessary to charge a small arranging fee if the request will take the band a couple of days to arrange and rehearse.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one for 30 mins. However, this is always negotiable.
Get lucky - Daft Punk
Happy - Pharrell Williams
Crazy in love - Beyoncé (Great Gatsby version)
Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Valerie - Zutons
Feeling good ...