- Italian Gyspy Jazz -
Gypsy Dynamite are an authentic Gypsy jazz ensemble who since 2001 perform unique and fresh arrangements of traditional Gypsy swing, Italian and Spanish music on two guitars and vocals (bigger lineups available).
They are a highly sought-after Gypsy jazz band for wedding gigs, corporate and private events.
Gypsy Dynamite have recorded their own album at “Le QuecumBar”, the most prestigious Gypsy jazz venue in Europe, and were featured in Portobello Radio and London One Radio.
As well as performing regularly in the UK, they have toured in France, Italy, Malta and Russia, and played at many illustrious venues including the House of Parliament, Brasserie Zedel, Tower of London, Union Chapel, Novikov, the Century Club, Brasserie Toulouse Lautrec, Le QuecumBar, The Forge, Gaucho, Cahoots, The Hideaway and the Green Note.
They often team up with prodigy guests from London's top music scene, expanding their lineup up to a 6-piece band.
Maisie & Steve• Aug. 18, 2017
"“We would like to say a massive thank you to Gypsy Dynamite. You guys were absolutely superb at our wedding last week and went down a treat with our guests!!””
Maise & Steve, Wedding, East Sussex"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Gypsy jazz band with vocals, great repertoire ranging from old classics to modern songs rearranged with a twist!
- What are the highlights of your career?Gypsy Dynamite have recorded their own album at “Le QuecumBar”, the most prestigious Gypsy jazz venue in Europe, and were featured in Portobello Radio and London One Radio. As well as performing regularly in the UK, they have toured in France, Italy, Malta and Russia, and played at many illustrious venues including the House of Parliament, Brasserie Zedel, Tower of London, Union Chapel, Novikov, the Century Club, Brasserie Toulouse Lautrec, Le QuecumBar, The Forge, Gaucho, Cahoots, The Hideaway and the Green Note.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Gypsy Dynamite offer a FREE 30 minutes Skype consultation to discuss the repertoire on the gig.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate events and private parties.
- Who are your previous clients?Tate Modern Century Club Royal Albert Hall Tower of London House of Parliaments Union Chapel Westfield Novikov Brasserie Zedel Accenture
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS transfer, cash or cheque.
- How long do you play for?2 x 1 hour sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?2m x 2m
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 break, 15 minutes minimum.
7 Nation Army – The White Stripes
Alhambra – Antonio Forcione
All Of Me – Gerald Marks & Seymour Simons
All The Things You Are – Jerome Kern
Autumn Leaves – Joseph Kosma & Jacques Prevert
Azzurro – Paolo Conte
Bistro Fada – Stephane Wrembel
Bong Bong - Manu Chao
Blue Bossa – Kenny Dorham
Blue Drag – Django Reinhardt
Caravan – Juan Tizol
C'est Si Bon - Henri Betti
Dark Eyes – Django Reinhardt
Desafinado – Newton Mendonca
Festival – Neil Stacey
Georgia On My Mind – Hoagy Carmichael & Stuart Gorrell
Get Lucky – Daft Punk
How High The Moon – Morgan Lewis
I Can't Give You Anything But Love - Jimmy McHugh
I Can't Take My Eyes Off You – Gloria Gaynor
I Got Rhythm – Ira & George Gershwin
I Wanna be Like You - Louis Prima
I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
I'll See You In My Dreams – Django Reinhardt
Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
It Don't Mean A Thing (If You Ain't Got That Swing) – Duke Ellington
I've Got a Crush on You – George GershwinJe M'amuse – Caravan PalaceJust a Gigolo - Louis Prima
Karate – Egberto Gismonti
Lady Be Good - George Gershwin
La Javanaise - Serge Gainsbourg
Lets Call The Whole Thing Off - George Gershwin
L'italiano – Toto Cotugno
Lullaby of Birdland - George Shearing
Mambo Italiano – Bob Merrill
Minor Swing – Django Reinhardt
Montagne Saint Genevieve – Django Reinhardt
Moondance – Van Morrison
My Funny Valentine – Richard Rodgers & Lorentz Hart
Nuages – Django Reinhardt
On The Sunny Side of The Street - Jimmy McHugh
Songe D'Autumne – Django Reinhardt
Spain – Chick Corea
St. Thomas – Sonny Rollins
Summertime – George Gershwin
Sway – Luis Demetrio & Pablo Beltran Ruiz
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Take Five – Paul Desmond & Dave Brubeck
There Will Never be Another You - Harry Warren