Gorgeous Gourmet Grub
Gorgeous Gourmet Grub was established in 2019 after 17 years of teaching English to secondary school pupils, it’s time to move on and follow my true passion - food. I’ve taught teenagers everyday, for many years, that they can be anything, succeed in any path that they choose and that they should always follow their heart and dreams…so now it’s time for me to follow my own advice and start my food journey, following my food dream!
There's something liberating and so traditional about eating honest food from a good old fashioned food truck and mine is a beautiful 1970's French Renault Estafette, which oozes both class and cuteness. It really does just look the part! With an inviting personality and homely traditional appearance, it just makes you want to come to the hatch and indulge in some Gorgeous Gourmet Grub.
- What services do you offer?To provide a little inspiration with regards possible food choices, below is a list of the dishes that I have made and served at previous events (festivals, food and drinks fayres, birthday celebrations, weddings, sporting events) - Edible tortilla baskets served with a choice of veggie chilli, cajun chicken, or home-made Italian meatballs, all served with a side of salad, coleslaw or rice - I can also serve Yakitori style kebab sticks- there are a range of options here: lamb kofta, chicken, prawns, chorizo, salmon, belly pork, gammon, (depending on guests' preferences) all served on a stick with veg, rice and mini naan breads - I cook a divine gourmet steak burger served in a brioche bun with salad and caramelised onions served with home-made parsnip crisps - I can also serve slow-cooked BBQ pulled pork or beef brisket in a brioche bun served with home-made creamy coleslaw I don’t know what food you have in mind for all of your hungry guests,however if I have the amenities to cook what you’re after for the perfect event,then I’d love to be part of the big day and feed lots of your hungry family and friends..
- Do you offer a venue for the banquet?No
- Do you cook in the same location as the banquet?Yes
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?Yes - full flexibility
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?Many different options - the only restriction is the equipment I have in my fully fitted food truck
- Do you offer special menus?Yes
- Do you also offer a wedding cake?No
- How does the open bar work?Happy to discuss accordingly
- What is included in the menu?Happy to discuss accordingly
How can our food be adapted to events or to suit your needs?
Quite simply... if I have the amenities to cook it then I will absolutely deliver to your request!
Maybe a slow cooked spicy Indian beef curry, or a Mexican inspired chilli, pan-fried salmon fillets or perhaps even something as basic as filled jacket potatoes? I'm confident in what I cook, so the sky is the limit...well not quite I guess!
Equipment is vital, however with; slow cookers, pressure cookers, electric griddle and hobs, there really are many many options available to you with regards the type of cuisine you wish to choose for your event or celebration.
The truck is also fitted with fridges and has lots of worktop space and so if more of a bar is your thing then let us know and we can certainly convert to a mobile bar for your event.
I believe that no matter what you eat and where you eat on a daily basis, food should be: hearty, honest and delicious, which is what I aim to achieve every time I create and cook a dish. So, may the food dream and the exciting journey into the world of wonderful cuisine begin…