Gordon Wardle (Magician)
A Tyneside based magician specialising in close-up and walk-around magic at house parties, weddings, social functions, fundraisers or corporate events.
I perform amazing magic and mindreading for small groups at a time.
I mingle with guests at a pre-meal drinks reception or perform for a few minutes at each table at a large event or house party.
I make your guests to feel at ease with my friendly, chatty, witty, interactive style of magic.
Unlike some magicians, I do not bring a massive ego to take-over or dominate your event.
. Member of the Northern Magic Circle.
. Free quotes and pre-event planning.
. Public Liability Insurance.
[Please note: I do not perform cabaret, stage or children's parties.]
- Do you do open-air acts?Mingling with crowds, performing magic for small groups.
- How long is the act?Typically 5 minutes per table or small group. Depends on number of tables as to how long it takes to get around most of your audience. Usually there are other activities taking place while I am performing. For an evening wedding reception, for example, I would perform in the hour between guests arriving and the start of a disco.
- What type of magic do you performClose-up and walk-around magic. Usually involving cards, coins or mind-reading effects.
- Will your magic suit my event?I perform at the 'down-times' in any event. These are times when there is no other organised activity taking place. E.g. when guests are mingling during a pre-meal drinks reception; while guests are socialising after speeches and before the start of any dancing. I also perform while guests are relaxing at a house party. I work with the event organiser, before the event, to discuss the timetable and best times to perform.
- How many people will you perform for?Typically 2 to 10 people at a time. Aiming to spend a few minutes with each group in order to get around most of the guests in the time that I am booked for.
- Do you perform on stage, or cabaret?No, I only perform close-up or walkaround magic for small groups
- Do you perform for children?I will tailor my magic to include any children that may be present but please note: I do not take bookings for children's birthday parties.
Close-up and Walk-around magic