Since forming in 2017 FunXion 5 have performed at a variety of events such as weddings, corporate events, anniversaries, birthday parties and charity fundraisers.
FunXion 5 guarantees that every client will be thrilled!
FunXion 5 have their own equipment, from a professional audio sound system, to amplifiers and lighting rig, so there's nothing you need to worry about or take care of. Instead you can just focus on the most important thing, having a good time! We also are among a select few that offer to play any song especially for your event, be it a first dance for a wedding or a special song for a birthday at no extra cost.
FunXion 5 offers background music that can be played before the band’s main performance and during the intervals, resulting in a seamless experience. We are able to perform anywhere within the UK and Europe and can adapt to any venue.
FunXion 5 also offer a DJ Service as part of our package. We have hundreds of songs, spanning across multiple decades,...
Bill• 24 Nov 2018
I would just like to take this opportunity to say that FunXion 5 were absolutely fantastic and really helped make our night memorable! They got everybody dancing and managed to cater to a wide variety of ages and music tastes. Many of our guests approached us and commentated at how good the music was and how much they enjoyed it. You just cannot beat a quality live band! The DJing afterwards was also great, with lots of disco classics and modern hits to keep our guests on their feet. A great way...
Nikki• 27 Oct 2018
FunXion 5 played at my 40th birthday party last year and they were brilliant! I was really looking for a band that played a wide variety of music to cater to all my friends whose musical tastes differ greatly. They played everything from pop, rock, funk soul, blues and even threw in a little jazz for good measure! Everyone loved it and I got lots of comments from the guests saying how much they all enjoyed it. Being a professional singer myself, they even allowed me up on stage to sing Valerie d...
Aaron and Elisha Thakorial• 3 Aug 2018
Funxion 5 are the most incredible band any wedding or party could hope for. All of our guests were blown away by their talent, which they all still talk about months on from our wedding. They managed to play throughout our hour-long canapés and for four further hours after at our reception party, as well as the piano for our wedding ceremony.
The team are the most lovely people to work with, and very accommodating by learning specially selected songs - even though we ended up changing our fir...
Georgina• 23 Jun 2018
Top Band, Top Music, Top Night…..Definitely would book again.
Roland & Dora• 27 Oct 2018
FunXion 5 performed at our party and they were outstanding. The band had an amazing mix of songs and our guests thoroughly enjoyed dancing to the music. They kept the party going all night long. Thank you very much for making a great night just perfect !!!
- Can we use your PA system for speeches?Yes, as long as it is after our sound check then the PA can be used for speeches.
- How much time does it take between finishing playing and being ready to leave?We need 60 minutes to break down the equipment, pack it away and load up the transport.
- What time do you finish?Our standard finishing time would be 11:30pm/12:00pm, however, if you wish for us to play past midnight, there would be an additional fee, which would need to be negotiated.
- How long does it take you to setup?It will take us about 90 minutes to set up our equipment and sound check. In order to achieve this, we need to be able to park as near to the venue as possible.
- Can you supply music before/in-between your sets?Yes, a MacBook is provided before and during the breaks packed with over 1000 songs, or if you prefer, simply give us your iPod/iPhone if you already have a playlist you wish to use.
- How far will you travel?FunXion 5 will travel anywhere in the UK to perform. We are based in London/Hertfordshire but have performed all over the UK.
- How much do you charge?When quoting for your event, we take into consideration the distance we have to travel to the venue and how long you would like us to perform for. If you let us know exactly what you're looking for, we would be more than happy to provide you with an individual quotation.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?We are happy to take a few requests of songs that are not in our repertoire. Ideally we ask if this can be notified in a reasonable amount of time before the performance date to allow the band time to learn the requested material.
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes.
- What style of music do you offer?We play a mixture of pop, funk, soul, rock, blues & jazz.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually take one 30 minute break during 2x1 hour sets or two 20 minute breaks during 3x40 minute sets, but we are happy to work with you to schedule timings so your event runs exactly how you would like.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, we are happy to learn one song for your event free of charge.
- How much space do you require?We need to be able to perform in an area at least 3 metres x 3 metres. There will need to be at least 2 x 13 amp sockets near to where we will be performing. However we do carry 2 x 30 metre extension reels with us for when performing outside, such as in a Marquee. There will also need to be somewhere for us to store our music cases and personal belongings. Light refreshments will also be required for up to five people.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, we have full public liability insurance and all of our electrical equipment is PAT tested once a year.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. We provide all our own equipment such as PA and lights.
- How long do you play for?This is entirely down to you. A typical performance could consist of 2 x 60 minutes or 3 x 40 minutes sets, but we can be very flexible to accommodate your schedule.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We require a 10% deposit at the time of booking. Full payment will be due a week before the performance date via bank transfer.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, anniversary parties, private functions, corporate events, bars & pubs.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?FunXion 5 can also provide a live jazz trio/quartet if required, fulfilling all your musical needs. Whatever music you require, FunXion 5 have you covered! FunXion 5 also offer a DJ Service as part of our package. We have hundreds of songs, spanning across multiple decades, guaranteed to fill the floor and keep your party going well into the night!
- Who are your previous clients?Aaron and Elisha Thakorlal - Wedding, 2018 Georgina - Birthday Party, 2018 Bill - Anniversary Party, 2018 Roland & Dora - Birthday Party, 2017 Paula Cadier - Birthday/Retirement Party, 2017
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Five piece function band playing a mix of Pop, Rock, Funk, Soul, Disco & Blues. Suitable for bars, corporate events, private parties and weddings.
50’s & 60’s
Stand By Me – Ben E King
Twist and Shout – The Beatles
I Feel Good – James Brown
Hound Dog – Elvis Presley
Blue Suede Shoes – Elvis Presley
Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher – Jackie Wilso...