Performing a broad selection of songs you'll know and love from the Swing era – Five Star Swing from Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller through to songs like Mr Bojangles & Bad Bad Leroy Brown plus foot stomping Blues, Jive & Jazz. The band performs as any size from three to seventeen-piece featuring multi-instrumentalists / vocalists and lead by Chris & Simone Smith. Five Star Swing have performed for Dame Vera Lynn, BBC TV’s “Children in Need”, runners-up for “Strictly Dance Fever”, Military Wives” national theatre tour, Blenheim Palace, Chelsea Flower Show, Blackpool’s Tower Ballroom... As seen on BBC TV's "Children in Need"
Dame Vera Lynn’s “Help for Heroes” Charity Ball
On stage at London’s Leicester Square Theatre.
"They swing like crazy - Superb !" Sheila Tracy (B.B.C.)
This band boasts multi-instrumentalists and singers lead by Chris Smith - former composer for Herb Miller (Glenn Miller's brother), BBC Big Band and the Royal Variety Performance at the London Palladium.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Authentic Swing / Jazz / Big Band live music creating a special event for all age groups.
- What are the highlights of your career?Appearances on Top of the Pops, Royal Command Variety Performance, Written for National Youth Jazz Orchestra, Kenny Ball, BBC Radio Big Band, ITV, BBC "Music Through Midnight", Capiial Radio, Jazz FM radio Ident', Fanfare for the Prince & Princess of Wales, Glenn Miller's Brother - Herb Miller Big Band, Performed at concerts throughout UK, ITV's "Strictly Dance Fever" runners-up, "Military Wives", Breakfast TV, Live Video recording at Albert Hall with original TV cast of "Fame". Performed for:- Phil Collins (private party), Rod Stewart (private party), Tony Blair (Labour Party Conference), Dame Vera Lynn Charity Ball, Chelsea Flower Shows, Blenheim Palace, Kensington Palace, Savoy Hotel, Grosvenor Hotel, H.M The Treasury, Westminster Cabinet War Rooms, BBC Children In Need, British Airways, Wembley Conference Centre, Kew Gardens, TV & Film Veterans Association, Lords Cricket Ground, Granada TV, Watford Football Club, Imperial War Museum, Terry Wogan, John Prescott, Café Royal, Henley Regatta, Pinewood Film Studios, Royal Wimbledon Golf Club..
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Experience, knowledge and enthusiasm for the genre. Very big impressive sound, even with a small size band due to special musical arrangements and multi instrumentalists. We have stagewear for 1940's US Glenn Miller (Military style), Tuxedos for Sinatra / Las Vegas, Jazz style waistcoats, Black Tie..
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Corporate, Promotional, Anniversaries, Celebrations, Funerals, 1940's recreations, Public festivals, House Parties, Theatres, Council sponsored events, Charity fund Raisers.
- How can event planners pay for your services?bacs / cheque / cash on invoice ten days prior to event
- How long do you play for?3x's 40 minutes or 2x's 60 minutes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Stage lighting and amplification are provided by Five Star Swing
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Full certification is available for inspection re:- PAT, PLI, Health & Safety, Full Method Statement.
- How much space do you require?depending on band size booked - 3x4m / to 4x9m
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?possibly
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?either 2x's 15mins, or 1x's 15mins
It Had To Be You
I’ve Got You Under My Skin
Where or When
All The Way
Fly Me To The Moon
The Girl From Ippaneima
New York, New York
You Make Me Fee...