First Edition is a professional party band, providing the ultimate high energy for weddings, parties and corporate functions across the South West.
Covering party classics from the 70s to the modern day, our set appeals to all ages and is the perfect entertainment solution for your special day.
Ramin• 23 Jul 2016
Thank you for everything, the band were amazing and really made the wedding.
Tracey Howe• 9 Jun 2018
"""I wanted to email and say a HUGE thank you for saturday.
Everyone had the best time and the evening was fabulous. Young or old they loved your music and I appreciate the effort you all put into such a great night."""
JMC Group• 16 Jul 2016
I have heard nothing but praise for you - everyone really enjoyed your music. Thank you for your time and we would not hesitate to use you again for our future events.
Dee and Andy Poolman• 3 Sep 2016
Just wanted to say a massive thanks for helping to make our anniversary celebration a really special evening. You all sounded great and constantly had people on the dancefloor which was brilliant. You were everything we had hoped for and more! We would certainly book you again.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The ultimate in live music entertainment, catering for all tastes and ages.
- What are the highlights of your career?We have been lucky enough to play for some fantastic artists, events and clients, however what makes us really tick is helping our clients to enjoy their special day, dancing to their favourite party classics.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We use some of the finest musicians in the South West, and work hard to create the ultimate set list, 100% tailored to your event (that's right, you can choose what we do and don't play!). All of this, performed through our top of the range PA and lighting rig, with a dedicated sound engineer to get the best possible sound. We take things a little more seriously than your average pub band!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?The majority of gigs we do are for weddings and parties, however we have also played for corporate events - conferences, summer parties and new years eve balls.
- Who are your previous clients?Exeter Chiefs L'Occitane JMC Group
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept payment via BACS.
- How long do you play for?Our standard set lengths are 2 x 1 hour sets. We can be flexible with this though - we can also offer 1 x 2 hours, or 3 x 45 mins. Drop a message to discuss your requirements!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes! We have a high quality PA and lighting rig, with a dedicated sound engineer to run it all, so we will always be creating the best possible sound! Our lighting is modular so it can be downsized for small venues, or we can bring the full rig with dance floor lights for those bigger venues!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. We have Public Liability Insurance through the Musician's Union, and our equipment is PAT tested and regularly maintained.
- How much space do you require?The minimum space for our 6 piece band is approx. 2m x 4m. This doesn't have to be rectangular - we've managed to fit into all shapes of stage before! Our larger line ups will require more space.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes! Firstly, our repertoire list isn't exhaustive - we're constantly updating our set and adding new tunes! If you book us for a wedding, we will always learn your first dance (if you want us to!). For all other events, we are happy to learn a favourite song for you, providing that you give us at least two weeks notice so we can learn it properly!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Generally we take one break in between our two sets. The length of this break is completely up to you and we will work with your event timings. We prefer to keep breaks shorter, so that we can keep the energy and vibe that we create!
We are available as a 6, 8 or 9 piece band. Our repertoire includes:
Soul and Classics:
Lady Marmalade - Patti LaBelle
Proud Mary - Tina Turner
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Signed Sealed Delivered -...