Fedora Strings is a fine string duo with a highly varied repertoire. We can also arrange music especially. We sell many arrangements online. Roger has played as a principal violinist with orchestras such as the Bournemouth SO and the Scottish Chamber Orchestra; with the London Balalaika Orchestra-Ensemble; at the String Fellows Club in London and in Hong Kong, Doha, Istanbul, Canada, America, and Norway. There are two cellists - Joanna who won a scholarship to the Moscow Conservatoire; has played at the Wigmore Hall and as a principal with the Scottish Baroque Ensemble and who ran her own professional String Orchestra for several years. Joanna and I perform for concerts and recordings ... while Emily, a talented young player regularly joins me for weddings and events. The list includes Bollywood numbers, at a wedding at the Haycock; Irish music at the RAF Cottesmore Irish Club and Iranian music for a wedding.
Thinkspace Education, Professional Media Music• 27 Aug 2016
Your arrangements are exceptional and brilliantly put together. It’s not easy arranging music for a string duo, but you did a great job and the playing is wonderful.It’s always exciting when someone comes along with clear talent and musical ability and you certainly hit the bill here.” Thinkspace Education, Professional Media Music Training Website.
Sarah Schwarz, Jerusalem Garden Proms, Israel• 25 Apr 2017
Your website and music have been an inspiration! Keep up this good cause!” Sarah Schwarz, Jerusalem Garden Proms, Israel
Anonymous User• 27 May 2012
“Thank you for providing such a wonderful performance and helping to make our Diamond Jubilee Celebration such a tremendous success. We wanted something special to start the occasion and Fedora Strings Duo fulfilled that need in every way. The choice of music was perfect and your excellent performances made this recital a memorable and joyous occasion for everyone.” Rodney Sinclair, Churchwarden, Wadenhoe Church
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings and Events. Concerts and recordings are a possibility too.
- How long do you play for?As required.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We are an acoustic ensemble but we have lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have a Musician's Union Public Liability Insurance. No equipment.
- How much space do you require?2-3 square yards/metres
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?For an arranging fee of £30 if this is necessary.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We take 10 minute breaks after twenty minutes of playing, though we have been known to continue when we feel it is preferred. Certainly ten minutes in the hour.
We can play for weddings and events or proper concerts either dup or solo. We can arrange music upon request. We play music of various styles: Classical, Baroque, Romantic, Broadway, Folk, Pop.