Barn Dance band. Seven or eight piece including dance caller. Lively and energetic, providing a happy hoedown for your celebration parties, community or fundraising events.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one for around half an hour. can do two shorter breaks
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Unlikely!
- How much space do you require?Small hall through to big barn or marquee
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes to both
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes - full PA - updated 2018; yes lighting.
- How long do you play for?Up to 3 and a half hours.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash, BACS....
- Who are your previous clients?Plenty of families, organisations over the years....mainly in Essex
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Barn Dances/ceilidhs for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, community events, fundraisers.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?A large, energetic and talented band playing good selection of tunes and songs on a variety of instruments. The dance caller will provide entertaining dances to suit all comers.
- What are the highlights of your career?Appearing on The Generation Game; Playing big barn dances in real barns; recording songs for Andy Kershaw radio programme.....
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A lively large band playing music for your barn dance event, and teaching the folk how to do the dances.
The Famous Potatoes will provide barn dance entertainment for up to 3.5 hours. They sing in between dances to make it a full evening's show. They provide all sound and lighting equipment.