ETTA is an energetic, versatile and experienced piano and saxophone duo based in Greater Manchester and available to hire across the UK. Emily (piano) and Hannah (saxophone) specialise in performing a wide repertoire of live jazz and pop music for any event or occasion with the utmost professionalism and taste. (Scroll down to read our reviews)
Whether it's chilled out jazz for a drinks reception, party tunes or background music for a wedding ceremony, your entertainment is in safe hands. Our tailored set lists ensure that our music is impeccably suited to the event in question and we are always happy to include your requests. We pride ourselves on providing the perfect finishing touches for your special occasion.
No problem if your chosen venue doesn’t have a piano- we can bring along a state-of-the-art keyboard with an incredibly accurate grand piano sound to set up instead.
The inspiration for our name comes from the iconic jazz singer Etta James.
"Thank you so much to you both for making our special day even more special. You were absolutely amazing and you wowed all of our guests (especially my dad!) and we can't thank you enough! You were truly brilliant and your music was sublime."
"Together they create a warm and intimate sound, appropriate to a large variety of events. The group was well suited to the charity event I held, raising money for Music Action International and they received nothing but high compliments from the audience."
"I highly recommend the duo to anyone looking for a lovely pair of well trained musicians that play a variety of genres, always delivered in a beautiful acoustic style."
"I would ask ETTA back again as they are capable of providing sets suitable for both background music as well as the main performance act."
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Etta provides a bespoke set list of live pop, jazz and classical music from a wide repertoire for any event or occasion.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Both musicians have been trained at Manchester's prestigious Royal Northern College of Music and are highly experienced performers in their own rights. Emily and Hannah are versatile, reliable and hardworking musicians who are passionate about their music and tailoring the perfect set list to every unique client and event in question.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Etta's performance and set list are adapted on an individual basis to suit any occasion.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer or cash on the day payments are accepted.
- How long do you play for?Our suggestion would be two sets of one hour each- this is negotiable depending on your needs and preferences.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course! Just include your requests at the time of booking.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?
We perform jazz, pop and classical music from our wide ranging repertoire, depending on what suits your event and preferences. Whether it's a wedding, party or corporate function, we will put together the perfect playlist to set the scene. Below is some of our repertoire:
All Of Me – Michael Bublé
At Last - Etta James
Beyond The Sea – Rod Stewart
Dream A Little Dream – Ella Fitzgerald
Feeling Good – Nina Simone
Fly Me To The Moon – Frank Sinatra
Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles
I Put A Spell On You – Nina Simone
I’ve Got You Under My Skin – Frank Sinatra
Moon River - Andy Williams
My Way – Frank Sinatra
One For My Baby – Frank Sinatra
Summertime – Ella Fitzgerald
What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
All Of Me – John Legend
Angels – Robbie Williams
Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel
Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
Can You Feel The Love Tonight – Elton John
Cannonball – Damien Rice
Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – Andy Williams
Careless Whisper – George Michael
Copacabana (At The Copa) – Barry Manilow
Crazy In Love – Beyoncé and Jay Z
Does Your Mother Know - ABBA
Easy - Lionel Richie
Everything – Michael Bublé
Fields Of Gold – Eva Cassidy
Girls Just Want To Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
Greatest Day – Take That
Halo – Beyoncé
Haven’t Met You Yet – Michael Bublé
Hero – Enrique Iglesias
How Long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
How Will I Know – Whitney Houston
I Have Nothing – Whitney Houston
I Say A Little Prayer – Aretha Franklin
I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
Imagine - John Lennon
Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls
Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
It Must Be Love – Madness
It’s Not Unusual – Tom Jones
Just The Two Of Us – Grover Washington Jr.
Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
Love Yourself – Justin Bieber
Lovely Day – Bill Withers
Make You Feel My Love – Adele
Mamma Mia - ABBA
Marry You - Bruno Mars
My Heart Will Go On (from Titanic) – Celine Dion
Ordinary People - John Legend
Rather Be – Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne
Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
Shine – Take That
Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) – Stevie Wonder
Skinny Love – Bon Iver
Stuck On You – Lionel Richie
Sunrise – Norah Jones
Superstition – Stevie Wonder
Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
Turn Me On – Norah Jones
Use Somebody - King of Leon
Valerie – Amy Winehouse
Wherever You Will Go – The Calling
Yellow – Coldplay
Your Song – Elton John
You’re Beautiful – James Blunt