Elliott Rooney is pianist, vocalist and songwriter. He has played at hundreds of gigs across the UK, from Jazz clubs to Symphony halls, and now splits his time between the West Midlands and London working on a range of musical projects.
As versatile as he is talented Elliott plays solo piano, accompanies others and works with bands across the UK, spanning a range of genres including jazz, rock, pop and blues.
Holding up Oscar Peterson, Stevie Wonder and Gregory Porter as his main influences Elliott saw a piano at the age of five and has never looked back. He is a reliable member of any ensemble both musically and professionally and has carved out a successful music career to date that has seen him play at the famed 100 club and collaborate on an original cross-genre jazz/folk album.
John• 8 Aug 2018
We were all very pleased with Elliott, highly skilled and talentyed musician, he was very flexible and was able to play the requests and also fill in with some excellent pieces from his own choice. I would recommend him. John
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I take at least one break of 15 mins, but can break the sets into smaller segments to suits if needed!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes I'm happy to take requests, the list is only a guide and not comprehensive.
- Who are your previous clients?Crown Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC Hilton Hotel St George's Park Town Hall Birmingham Kew Gardens Hotel Viking Line Cruises
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Functions, Pubs, Restaurants
- How much space do you require?Minimum of 7ftx4ft
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA system and Keyboard, no lighting
- How long do you play for?2x1hr sets or 3x40min sets
Genres covered include Jazz/Pop/Soul/Funk and also Classical Piano
Usually 2x1hr sets or 3x40mins
Example of songs covered for Jazz:
Fly Me To The Moon
They Can't Take That Away From Me