Ellen Porter is a British cellist and studies at the Royal Northern College of Music with Eduardo Vassallo. She previously studied with David Smith and in 2016 she received the RNCM's Annie Fletcher Award. In recent years she has also taken part in classes with Hannah Roberts, Guy Johnston, Gillian Thoday, Emma Ferrand and Miklos Perenyi. As Principal Cellist of the CBSO Youth Orchestra she has worked with conductors such as Edward Gardner, Jac Van Steen and Mirga Grazinyte-Tyla. Ellen also plays with a number of Manchester-based orchestras including the Piccadilly Symphony Orchestra, Manchester Universities' Strings Society as well as orchestras and ensembles at the RNCM. Ellen studies baroque cello with Susan Sheppard, and receives regular coaching from Roger Hamilton, Harvey Davies and Annette Isserlis. Ellen is passionate about music education and outreach work. During the last year she has worked with Global Grooves as part of the LIME Music UK 2017 Festival at Manchester Childre...
- What genres do you play?At the moment I only perform classical music. However I am looking into the possibility of having a portable audio system with backing tracks which will allow me to perform other genres as well, e.g. popular music. If you are interested in other genres for your event, please get in touch or mention this in your request.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I run on an overall break time framework. I would expect a 10-15 minute break for every 2 hours of playing. For example.... - "1.5 hours of music" will include 1 x 5 minute break. - "2 hours of music" will include either 1 x 10 minute break or 2 x 5 minute breaks. - "3 hours of music" will include either 1 x 20 minute break or 2 x 10 minute breaks. If you are unsure of any timings, please mention this in your request and I will be happy to clarify.
- How long do you play for?As long as you need!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, as long as I am notified in advance.
- How much space do you require?3m x 3m
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
Available to perform at a variety of events including: