The Echo String Quartet is an all female string quartet based in the North-West of England, formed at Paul McCartney’s prestigious music college ‘The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts’.
Since forming in 2014, the quartet have played VIP events for Liverpool Football Club and The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, been featured on Channel 4 as part of British Soap Opera 'Hollyoaks' and provided backing strings for indie-rock band Circa Waves in Grammy-award winning Parr Street studios.
They have also played at multiple weddings and private events, such as Liverpool John Moore’s University graduation dinner, the Telegraph Cruise & Travel Show, annual Labour Conference 2018 and events for the commemoration of the Titanic in venues including The Royal Liver Building, St George’s Hall, The Anglican Cathedral, the Metropolitan Cathedral, and many more.
The Echo String Quartet is available to hire as a quartet, trio or duo.
Rebecca Barnes• June 22, 2019
Echo Strings played my wedding ceremony and were absolutely fantastic. They were more than happy to learn a few of my fave songs that weren't on their playlist and their communication before the event was always helpful, friendly and professional. On the day, they surpassed our expectations - I've had so many guests comment on how beautifully they played and one of my favourite moments of my whole wedding is walking down the aisle whilst they played 'Halo' by Beyonce. Now I just need another big event so I have an excuse to book them again! Highly, highly recommended x
Ann• Dec. 15, 2018
They were all very lovely and sounded fantastic. Very happy with the act. Thank you very much girls.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a fun, modern, all female string quartet from Liverpool with an amazing repertoire of music to suit any special day!
- What are the highlights of your career?Recording in Abbey Road Studios on a David Bowie record, conducted by Nile Rodgers!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We can arrange any song you request and perform it (even if it's not on our list).
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate events and private functions.
- Who are your previous clients?We've played for many clients including; Channel 4, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, Hermes, Liverpool University..and many more!
- How can event planners pay for your services?We are happy to accept bank transfer prior the event or cash on the day.
- How long do you play for?We can play for an hour at a time, after which we'd have a 15 minute break. We are happy to tailor our set times to the event, and play for as long as needed!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No we don't however this is not included in our act as we are an acoustic string quartet.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?We just need enough space for 4 chairs and 4 music stands!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes of course, as long as you let us know in advance we can arrange the song for you!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually take 15 minute breaks, however we are happy to tailor our break times to each event depending on requirements.
See on request. We have nearly 200 songs spanning genres including pop, classical, jazz, easy listening, film, broadway.