Duchas Anam (Pronounced Doo-Kas an-am!) is a four piece Irish and Folk band with a fantastic mix of male and female vocals, fiddle, whistle, flute and bodhran - they play everything from The Dubliners to Bastille!
Katie Wild• March 14, 2019
"Great job, thanks! Good selection of traditional songs (which was probably somewhat wasted on the audience). Loved the lights which were unexpected and very much appreciated the music at the end and letting us jump on the mic for a bit of dancing. Would definitely recommend!
kate leadbetter• Aug. 4, 2018
Duchas Anam were incredible, I would highly recommend this band. They played at our wedding and it helped make the day perfect. They are lovely people and very talented.
Jack McClelland• Jan. 13, 2018
Duchas Anam were fantastic. Super easy to work with. Brilliant music. Highly recommend.
carole gayle• July 5, 2017
Excellent. Danny and the band were very entertaining and accommodating. They even stayed on for an extra 1.5 hours to entertain the guests. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking for an Irish/folk band for an event. Thank you very much.
Paddy Gordon• June 14, 2017
Duchas Anam were excellent entertainment. Very friendly band who were willing to have ago at whatever we requested! Well worth employing for a fun night of live music.
Tarlach Russell• March 17, 2017
Duchas Anam were great value for money. We had them at LSE for a St. Patrick's Day party for Irish and non-Irish students and they were very well received. Band members were lively and play a variety of instruments. Stayed even after they were finished to allow us to use the sound syatem for additional songs. If you are familar with Irish music or not, they are a great choice!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a 4 piece Irish and Folk band with male and female lead vocals, guitar, fiddle, whistle and bodhran, we play a mix of the classic Irish folk songs, dance tunes and more contemporary folk such as Bastille or Laura Marling.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We regularly perform at parties and events including weddings
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept bank transfer, cash and now take card payments while on the gig!
- How long do you play for?we generally play 2 x 1 hour sets but are happy to be flexible
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we have a sound and lighting rig suitable for up to 300 people and can arrange a bigger set up if necessary
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have both PAT and PLI
A selection of tunes fro your set list
Fields of Athenry
Whiskey in the Jar
Black Velet Band
Irish Dance Tunes - Jigs, Reels and Hornpipes -
Maid Behind the Bar
An Gaoth Anas
More Contemporary Folk Songs by -
Mumford and Sons