We are a musical collective of flexible size specialising in the sounds of the Great American Songbook and jazz standards. Our smaller line-ups are frequently booked for bistro's and occasions where that cool 'n' easy vibe adds a touch of laid-back class to events, and we do lots of parties and special occasions where the full band provides a range of music to dance to, from the 1920's right through to the 1950's and '60s. And because of our collective nature, we can even tailor an outfit pretty much to suit your needs! We've put together sets for 90th birthdays, weddings and special events, adding quirky additions to our usual set such as "Hava Nagila" or "Kalinka" or whatever a client has called for. We can do background music, foreground music, or even late night post-party music for those laid-back, small hour moments! (Although these are a bit more expensive simply because we're up way beyond our bed time!)
John Habgood• 23 Mar 2018
“It’s always a nerve racking experience booking a band not knowing what you are going to get. However, Django and the guys were superb! I arrived at our venue to find them already setup with no fuss. They listened to what we were after for our event and sensitively played their part providing a great mix of stylish background music and got everyone dancing too! I will book them again…”
Catherine Field-Leather• 21 Apr 2018
"""....a splendid evening with the fabulous Radio Pensacola Band! Thank you for making it such a fabulous night!"""
Martin May• 19 Nov 2016
"First of all, I have to say that you've been very receptive to our ideas from the outset and very supportive in helping us realise our 'vision' for the event, so to speak...
Secondly, I thought the music performed for the occasion and audience was excellent. You incorporated a variety of tunes, songs and styles but with a jazzy, bluesy, soulful feel anchoring much of it. The tunes and songs were well-crafted, nuanced and described a host of different moods and emotions. It was a delightful p...
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?As a rule, we usually have one break half way through, but the smaller outfits sometimes break the evening up into three or four 40 min sets, with ten minute intervals between - again, flexibility is our thing.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If we know in advance, and if it fits our sort of genre; if somebody wanted, say, "Uptown Funk" it just wouldn't work!
- How much space do you require?We can squeeze into some surprising spaces - not too small, of course, and a lot depends on the size of the band; if it's just one-man and backing tracks, it can be tiny, but if it's the full band we need a bit more room.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Band leader has Public Liability Insurance and some of the equipment has been PAT tested.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA and can do some of our own lighting, too.
- How long do you play for?Sets are usually two hours total, split into two sets, but we're flexible - and we don't watch the clock!
- How can event planners pay for your services?The usual way is after the gig, by BACS or by cash, whichever best suits.
- Who are your previous clients?We've worked for everyone from private individuals to more corporate events, and from hotels and bistro's, and our clients number at least one recipient of a knighthood!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, special occasions such as birthday parties, retro and vintage events or those that require something just a little bit different.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our flexibility, in terms of the sort of band we can turn out to play for occasions big or intimate.
- What are the highlights of your career?Too many to name any single one, but the event where we played "Show Me the Way to Amarillo" for a couple at their surprise Diamond Wedding anniversary, and they arrived, turned to each other and spontaneously danced up and down the room will always be up there with our favourites.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Bringing the retro sounds of classic jazz standards and songs to entertain. or relax, or add ambience to your event.
Our set lists usually last for around two hours, normally divided up into two sets but we're entirely flexible. We play at events and functions across Yorkshire and the North East, and can be prepare...