We are an electric barn dance/ceilidh band with over twenty-five years experience. We provide a first-class caller to guide you through the dances, and also supply that all-important lighting for both stage and dance floor, to create just the right ambience.
David Alston• Jan. 18, 2020
Our sincere thanks to D'Arcy Spice for a great evening. The feedback we have had from all our guests was that they enjoyed the evening very much. The music was excellent and Polly did a great job with the "Calling", guiding us through a variety of interesting and amusing dances! So, highly recommended!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Electric folk-rock barn dance/ceilidh band.
- What are the highlights of your career?We enjoy all our gigs, but playing on Blue Peter was memorable.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are one of the very few barn dance bands to bring our own lighting - which is so important to creating the right mood.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Everything from village dances to top-end weddings
- Who are your previous clients?The BBC was a notable one, but mainly just people who want good time.
- How can event planners pay for your services?By any means they wish.
- How long do you play for?The standard gig is four hours. We usually take a short break mid-way, but we're flexible.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?A minimum of around 10' X 6'.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We play mostly traditional music, so if your favourite is in that genre, then we can usually accommodate you if you give us sufficient notice.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Just one break - of about fifteen to twenty minutes.
Barn dance - ceilidh band. Traditional English, Irish, and Scottish music, played with verve and style.