Crystal Chords is a dynamic award-winning chorus which enjoys performing and the thrill of competition whether at home or abroad.
Established in 1980, the chorus has gone from strength to strength and has over 60 members from diverse backgrounds of all ages who have found a love of a capella and harmony and who meet weekly to rehearse in South Manchester.
Singing in a barbershop style, the chorus is a member of a national organisation the Ladies Association of British Barbershop Singers and regularly competes in their annual competition where over 50 member choruses work hard and play hard for a full weekend. In 2018 Crystal Chords achieved Silver Medal Position achieving the Award for highest marks in the Singing Category, and in 2016 and 2017 achieved Bronze Medal position. Crystal Chords is proud to have amongst its members 2 medal winning ladies quartets. “PZAZZ” won Gold at the National Ladies Quartet Championship in 2015, and “Barberlicious” won Silver at National Ladies Quarte...
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We often sing at weddings during a drinks reception or as part of after dinner entertainment for a club or corporate event. We also perform at many birthday parties. We compete around the country and have a high standard of presentation and performance.
- How long do you play for?Depends on the requirement - we can sing during the guest arrival, signing of the register and during a drinks reception, or as part of evening celebrations. We would normally perform for up to 30 mins before taking a short break.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No - we do not use either of these things
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have public liability insurance but do not use any equipment - we are unaccompanied.
- How much space do you require?This is dependent on the style of singing you want, whether it is background or a feature and the size of group required. We would discuss this with you.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If there is a song you specifically would like then we can discuss this with you as we may be able to seek an a capella arrangement that the chorus can learn and perform. There may be an additional arrangement and copyright fee for this but it is often minimal. We would prefer to identify any specific songs that are important to you as early as possible to give the chorus the chance to learn a new piece of music and ensure we reach our usual high standards.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depends on your preferred approach. If singing during a drinks reception we would normally suggest a 20-30 minutes set followed by a 10-15 break for the ladies. If needed we could then sing again.
We have a varied repertoire of songs and would discuss your event, the venue and identify songs that you would like during your service, drinks reception or evening reception.