Climax Ceilidh Band is one of the most highly experienced and respected English ceilidh bands with excellent musicians and an experienced, friendly caller.
We cover Kent, Surrey, and Sussex and can offer a range of line-ups to suit your budget.
We play a wide variety of tunes for dancing, both original and taken from traditional sources. We also have a repertoire of tunes to play between dances.
Adrian• Nov. 10, 2018
"Thank you so much for playing at our Wedding reception on Saturday at the Donnington Manor Hotel. We ourselves thoroughly enjoyed the Ceilidh and we have received highly praising comments from many of our guests. The most recent comment came from one of Claire's cousins who said ""When I get married I'm definitely going to have a ceilidh at my wedding reception!""
The music sounded great and Heather's instructions and calling were perfect.
We have left an appropriate Google review.
Once again thank you very much for a wonderful evening!"
Cleo Huang• April 28, 2018
Thank you so much for yesterday! We had a great time!
Sarah Dowding• March 14, 2018
Thanks so much for the performance on Wednesday. It was fantastic and everyone had a great time. I’ve had lots of people whose first ceilidh it was say that they can’t wait to do it again and there are many sore legs around the building today – proof of a good time I think!
Denise Jarrett• Feb. 24, 2018
Massive thanks to you all for a fantastic night last night at our Village Ceilidh at St Johns Memorial Hall, Woking. We have enjoyed a few Ceilidhs / Barn Dances at the hall and I can honestly say you were by far the best band and caller we have had, the band sounded fabulous, sound was great in the hall and Rachel did a fab job of calling and organizing the dances, everything pitched at just the right level. The whole evening went very smoothly and a great time was enjoyed by all thanks to The Climax Ceilidh Band. Will definitely be booking again for next year! Thanks so much guys xx
Liz Logan• Feb. 4, 2018
Thank you and your band for Sunday evening. Lots of people told me they loved the evening.
Charlotte Corrigan• Jan. 27, 2018
5/5 The band were fantastic, very friendly, relaxed and experienced. Everyone had a great time, thank you so much.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Infectious music for ceilidhs or barn dances
- What are the highlights of your career?We have played at numerous top folk festivals in the UK and Europe, including Sidmouth Folk Week, Towersey Festival, Rudolfstadt Festival, Chippenham Folk Festival etc. and also on the UK ceilidh circuit
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are not a 'scratch' band like most ceilidh bands, but have permanent members who are all excellent musicians. We are therefore extremely well rehearsed and professional.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, private parties, festivals, ceilidhs
- Who are your previous clients?We have been in operation since 2003 so have hundreds of past clients including major folk festivals, and weddings too numerous to mention!
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash on the night or by BACS
- How long do you play for?Up to three hours with a short break.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We bring our own PA but not lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public Liability Insurance for £5m and our equipment has PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) certification
- How much space do you require?Ideally about 15 feet by 10 feet for the band to set up
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?You can play your own choice of music through our PA by plugging in a phone, tablet etc
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually just one between sets. Time depends on whether there is going to be for example food at that time. Anything from 15 minutes to 45 mins generally
The fee includes a full sound system and travel expenses.
We will be available to you for three hours. This usually comprises a 1 set hour followed by a half hour break and then an hour and half set.
We have Public Liability Insurance and our equipment has PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) certification.