Climax Ceilidh Band is one of the most highly experienced and respected English ceilidh bands with excellent musicians and an experienced, friendly caller.
We cover Kent, Surrey, and Sussex and can offer a range of line-ups to suit your budget.
We play a wide variety of tunes for dancing, both original and taken from traditional sources. We also have a repertoire of tunes to play between dances.
Charlotte Corrigan• Jan. 27, 2018
5/5 The band were fantastic, very friendly, relaxed and experienced. Everyone had a great time, thank you so much.
Miss C M Soutar• May 10, 2017
Great night, everyone loved the music and dancing - thanks for making our special day a memorable one x
Mervyn Moys• Dec. 21, 2016
"Richard and Climax were fantastic, we found them to be very professional and the music they played was really good.
I would highly recommend this band to everyone, and I can promise you will not be dissapointed.
Also I would like to add that we had a lot of fun and so did the band.
If you want a good band and good music then book Climax."
Adrian• Nov. 10, 2018
"Thank you so much for playing at our Wedding reception on Saturday at the Donnington Manor Hotel. We ourselves thoroughly enjoyed the Ceilidh and we have received highly praising comments from many of our guests. The most recent comment came from one of Claire's cousins who said ""When I get married I'm definitely going to have a ceilidh at my wedding reception!""
The music sounded great and Heather's instructions and calling were perfect.
We have left an appropriate Google review.
Once again thank you very much for a wonderful evening!"
Cleo Huang• April 28, 2018
Thank you so much for yesterday! We had a great time!
Sarah Dowding• March 14, 2018
Thanks so much for the performance on Wednesday. It was fantastic and everyone had a great time. I’ve had lots of people whose first ceilidh it was say that they can’t wait to do it again and there are many sore legs around the building today – proof of a good time I think!
Services From Climax Ceilidh Band
Ceilidh / Barn Dance Band with Caller
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Infectious music for ceilidhs or barn dances
- What are the highlights of your career?We have played at numerous top folk festivals in the UK and Europe, including Sidmouth Folk Week, Towersey Festival, Rudolfstadt Festival, Chippenham Folk Festival etc. and also on the UK ceilidh circuit
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are not a 'scratch' band like most ceilidh bands, but have permanent members who are all excellent musicians. We are therefore extremely well rehearsed and professional.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, private parties, festivals, ceilidhs
- Who are your previous clients?We have been in operation since 2003 so have hundreds of past clients including major folk festivals, and weddings too numerous to mention!
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash on the night or by BACS
- How long do you play for?Up to three hours with a short break.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We bring our own PA but not lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public Liability Insurance for £5m and our equipment has PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) certification
- How much space do you require?Ideally about 15 feet by 10 feet for the band to set up
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?You can play your own choice of music through our PA by plugging in a phone, tablet etc
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually just one between sets. Time depends on whether there is going to be for example food at that time. Anything from 15 minutes to 45 mins generally
The fee includes a full sound system and travel expenses.
We will be available to you for three hours. This usually comprises a 1 set hour followed by a half hour break and then an hour and half set.
We have Public Liability Insurance and our equipment has PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) certification.