Cleo’s Misadventures play a vivacious and eclectic mix of swing, rock’n’roll and retro inspired versions of modern pop songs.
Their quirky arrangements fuse the sounds of the past with songs of today captivating audiences of all ages and tastes, covering west coast jazz Will Smith, dixieland Beyonce and boogie-woogie Taylor Swift effortlessly combined with the classics of Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman and the Andrew Sisters.
This eight piece musical tour de force with sulty female vocals and a phat four piece horn section provide exceptionally upbeat, energetic performances ensuring people will be on their feet and fighting for room on the dance floor! This frequently tongue in cheek entertainment brings a touch of vintage glamour to any event.
If you are looking for a band to take you back in time for your next event look no further. Cleo’s Misadventures can cater our music specifically to your favourite by-gone era weather it’s a Gatsby style, Blitz or Rockabilly we can look and sound the part for your 20’s, 30’s, 40’s or 50’s style event.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Cleo’s Misadventures is an 8 piece party band that plays a vivacious and eclectic mix of swing, rock’n’roll and retro inspired versions of modern pop songs with fantastic female lead vocals and a phat four piece horn section.
- What are the highlights of your career?Cleo's Misadventures comprise some of the top musicians whose experience includes performances at the London Jazz Festival, Cork Jazz Festival, Sounds New Festival, Canterbury Festival, Chelsea Flower Show, Boomtown and performances on ITV and BBC radio.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Cleo's Misadventures is a great band in its' own right but we offer fantastic discounts on multiple bookings on the same day i.e. weddings where we can provide the horn section as a brass quartet or the rhythm section as a small jazz group for receptions
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We play a wide range of events including weddings, themed 40s / 50s/ 60s nights, blitz party, music festivals, dinner dances
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept bank transfers, cash on the day and now can accept card payments while on the gig!
- How long do you play for?Generally we do 2 x 1 Hour sets but we are flexible
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have a fully PAT tested light and sound rig 2x15" JBL Eon Tops The Box 12" monitor Gemini 12" passive monitor Soundcraft 16 Channel Desk with Lexicon digital effects Behringer 12" Subwoofer Stairville LED lights Stairville DJ Lase lights
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have both PAT and Public Liability
I Will Survive
Shake It Off
Crazy In Love
Fresh Prince of Bel Air
These Boots Are Made for Walking
You Give Love a Bad Name
Everybody Wants to be a Cat
Big Bad Handsome Man
I Wanna Be Like You
In the Mood
Sing Sing Sing
Honey Suckle Rose
Bei Mir Bist Du Schon
Mambo No 5
Jump Jive and Wail
Minnie The Moocher
Mister Pinstripe Suit
Hit the Rd Jack
Hard Hearted Hannah
Orange Coloured Sky
Love Potion No. 9
So long Farewell Goodbye
Blue Suede Shoes
Why Don't You Do Right?