Hi I’m Mike
I’ve been playing the pipes for 40 years now. Started as a kid and played with my local band in Dublin. Howth St Lawrence Pipe Band.
In 1990 I moved to Manchester where I played for a couple of years with the City of Manchester Pipe Band. Later played for the Greater Manchester Pipe Band. In 2012 I joined the Manchester Fire and Rescue Service Pipe Band, in the role as Pipe Major, where we competed in various parades and competitions all over England and Scotland.
Some highlights were playing at the MEN arena, with the world famous Andre Rieu and the Johann Strauss Orchestra, The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra at the Birmingham Symphony Hall and The Chieftans at the Manchester Bridgwater Hall.
Also regularly play for Burns night suppers, Weddings, Indian weddings also catered for where Dhol drummers can also play. Birthday parties and corporate events.
- How long do you play for?15min slots
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No
- How much space do you require?Enough for a solo piper
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If it is compatible with bag pipes
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Couple of mins
The Flower of Scotland
The Skye Boat Song
The green hills of Tyrol
When the battle is over
The Battle of the Somme
The Heights of dargai
The flowers of the forest
Scotland the Brave
Cock of the North
Mrs Lily Christie
A man's a man for a that
Farewell to the creeks
Auld Lang Syne
And some more modern songs converted to bagpipes, please ask.
Plus many other Strathspeys reels jigs and hornpipes.
Tune list can be tailored to event eg weddings, funerals, birthdays, corporate events etc.