From the music of the Big Band era, to modern chart hits via Las Vegas and Hollywood, the Chris Mackey Orchestra is as comfortable in the dance hall as the concert hall!
This versatile 10-piece band features some of the best touring and West End musicians, led by trombonist and vocalist Chris Mackey, the orchestra has the versatility of being able to smoothly transition from Glenn Miller to Amy Winehouse.
If you want your 40’s night swinging to Big Band hits, or your wedding guests dancing in the hall and not outside because the disco’s too loud(!) then the Chris Mackey Orchestra is for you.
Contact us and discuss your requirements and let the Chris Mackey Orchestra make your party go with a swing!
Janet Stricklan swing dancer• May 7, 2017
Thank you for this afternoons entertainment. Amazing band!
Sizzlin Jim Williams (vintage DJ)• May 7, 2017
I thought your band were excellent, although l expected nothing less with the ex military hard core. From a dancers point of view, l loved the two sets, You nailed Jumping at the Savoy and 2 O'Clock Jump the highlights of that set!
Liz Parker Abbott Consultants ltd• Sept. 12, 2015
Thank you so much for your wonderful band, I have recommended you to several people attending who have asked for your details. I would like to thank you for saving the night, without your speakers and microphone the auction could not have taken place and we would not have secured such a large amount. I am aware that you had already left and came back to save our evening…… it was hugely appreciated. I will certainly recommend you and your band. If you would like a quote for your website please do not hesitate to ask.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A 10 piece swing band ideal for weddings
- What are the highlights of your career?Too many to list here! But being invited onstage to sing in Las Vegas certainly is up there!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?The CMO line up was chosen to be very versatile, we have a 4 piece Rhythm section (piano bass guitar drums) and a five piece horn section (trumpet trombone 3 sax/reeds) allowing us to play all styles of music
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Dinner dances, Corporate/awards, charitable events, birthday parties
- Who are your previous clients?Most of our clients have booked us for private events and we are happy to give you references should you want them But among our corporate clients are SCAS Ambies awards Abbotts Consultants LTD Military charities
- How can event planners pay for your services?All subject to contract by agreement
- How long do you play for?Each booking is unique, and we tailor our performance time to meet your needs
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we do
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we do
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If it is suitable for our instrumental line up then yes
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?That depends on the individual booking
A selection from our music library
A foggy day (in London town)
Begin The Beguine
Blue Suede Shoes
By The Light of the Silvery Moon
Close To You
Come In From The Rain
Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend
Do Nothing 'Til You Hear From Me
Don't Leave Me This Way
Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree
Hawaiian War Chant
How High The Moon
How Long Has This Been Going On
I Get A Kick Out Of You
I Love Paris
I'm gettin sentimental over you
In The Mood
I've Got You Under My Skin
Just in time
Litte Brown Jug
Love Is Here To Stay
Mack the knife
Moonlight in Vermount
Minnie the Moocher
My Funny Valentine
Nice Work If You Can Get It
Night & Day
Non stop flight
Polka dots and moonbeams
Sing, Sing, Sing
She caught the Katy
Something's Gotta Give
Stomping At The Savoy
Take The A Train
The Lady Is A Tramp
The Man I Love
The Shadow of Your Smile
They Can't Take That Away From Me
Too Close For Comfort
Two O'Clock Jump
When I fall in love
You Do Something To Me