Steve has been playing the bagpipes since the age of twelve. He was taught at the Scots Guards Association in Manchester by Bob Lyle who was Pipe Major of the band for a number of years. Steve played with the band for two years and then moved on to form the Wythenshawe Pipe Band with a number of other players. This was the first time he had played in competitions with a band and as a solo piper. Steve then moved on and joined The Phoenix Pipe Band in which he played with for twenty years, and in which time the band went from grade 4 up into grade 2 also competing in grade 1 (highest grade). Steve then joined the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Pipe Band as Pipe Sergeant. In 2006 he rejoined the Manchester Phoenix Pipe Band who are now a Grade 3b pipe band. Steve was Pipe Sergeant of the band. He regularly plays in solo piping contests and has won a number of trophies. Steve can be available to play in most areas of the North West of England, he's played at hundreds of weddings, funerals, parties, Burns nights, New Year’s Eve event, plus many other functions including television and radio.
HARVEY FUDGE• March 24, 2020
He arrived on time and played our requests.A very pleasant and cheerful gent in Regalia.. Full marks. I haven't a photo to send.
Robert Gray• Jan. 24, 2020
Excellent piper, friendly and professional, really made our Burns Night party
Yvonne Bostock• May 28, 2019
Wonderful addition to my mum's funeral. Gave the event a great sense of occasion. The lighter tunes Steve selected for the arrival at hotel for the buffet hit exactly the right note. As we had the whole celebration of my mother's life, Steve's playing created great atmosphere.....many many thanks
Services From Cheshire Bagpiper
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Professional bagpiper of 44 years
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing in grade 1 competition
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I have 4 different tartans Plus number one dress
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I play at weddings, funerals, birthday parties, Burns night suppers. Also any formal events including TV and radio.
- Who are your previous clients?Various funeral directors throughout the North West hundreds of weddings and parties television and radio
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer or cash on the day
- How long do you play for?In 15 minutes sessions
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Not much space required for a solo Piper
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If it is compatible with a bagpipes I will play it
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?2 minutes at the most
I also have 4 different kilts blue tartan Earl of st Andrews tartan
Red kilt Royal Stewart tartan
Green kilt Dispora tartan
Purple Highland mist tartan