A professional chef with over 15 years experience. Offering private chef, relief chef and catering services to the industry and the public. Relax and be a guest in your own home as a skilled chef delivers you a fine dining experience!
Amy leihal• 16 Jun 2018
Ian barbequed an American menu for my husband's 30th birthday and he was amazing! The food was wonderful and super tasty, everyone loved it! My husband had 4 plates of food and enjoyed every bite! Ian is very friendly, profressional and was very easy to work with to create a special birthday. I would definatley recommend him! The BBQ went off perfectly, if your looking for an event with an amazing chef Ian is your guy! It was great to relax and enjoy the day whilst Ian took care of all the food!...
Henri• 19 Oct 2018
"Ian was fantastic!
Very easy to plan with prior to the event.
On the day it was so nice to sit back and have that kind of service and skill in your own home. He was so accommodating and really put me at ease that everything was in control.
The food was just out of this world!
I couldn't recommend highly enough, thank you for such a lovely experience."
Alison Gordon• 22 Dec 2018
"We had a wonderful Asian themed meal on a Saturday. Ian was lovely, so easy to deal with and cooked up a treat which was loved by all. Impossible to pick out a favourite part of the meal as it was all so good from canapés through to the beautiful yuzu pudding.
Having Ian there meant all stresses of the evening were removed for us and we actually got to enjoy the full evening without ducking in and out of the kitchen all the time."
Brian O'Shea• 28 Aug 2018
"Ian took a complicated brief from me to produce a nine course meal for 20 people in a venue with limited facilities. Before the event his communication was first rate. He came up with outstanding menu and on the night delivered a spectacular meal. Every one of my guests commented on how fantastic the food and service was.
Ian put together an excellent team, liaised with the venue, organised all of the logistics and was even able to recommend and supply some fantastic wines to accompany th...
Melissa• 11 Aug 2018
Highly recommended. The group were very impressed with the delicious food prepared by Chef Cathcart. In the lead up to the event, he was extremely prompt in answering any queries and was amenable to any requests we had with regards to the menu etc. Should the occasion arise in the future, Chef Cathcart will be the first person we call!
- What services do you offer?I'm a private dining chef, I offer bespoke menu's catered to you and your guests in your own home. I also have a huge converted Oil drum BBQ and can cater events, BBQ's and garden parties.
- Do you offer a venue for the banquet?No
- Do you cook in the same location as the banquet?Yes, I cook wherever I am needed to for your event.
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?Yes, depending on the time of year and guest I design each menu to suit every client. I have sample menus and dishes to reflect the seasons, but these are completely customisable. I will also cater to food alergens and Intolerances.
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?I am classically trained and have worked in Michellin starred, UK top 20 restaurants and Bistro's. I have also spent alot of time in pan-asian and fusion restaurants and classic british country pubs.
- Do you offer special menus?Yes, individualised to any occasion.
- Do you also offer a wedding cake?Not currently, but I can make recommendations.
- What is included in the menu?That is entirely up to you!
- Do you provide wait staff?Yes, service can be arranged for additional fees.
Barbecues up to 50 guests