A professional chef with over 15 years experience. Offering private chef, relief chef and catering services to the industry and the public. Relax and be a guest in your own home as a skilled chef delivers you a fine dining experience!
Sarah Jackson• Aug. 27, 2019
An amazing night by Chef Cathcart.
Very friendly and professional. Amazing food. He suggested some local produce which we went with and he gave an amazing three course meal for 8. Accommodated some dietary requirements on the night with pleasure and ease. Left the kitchen spotless!!
Would highly recommend his services.
Neghat• April 6, 2019
"I/ We highly recommend Ian.
What a great cook. He was prompt in all communications,
punctual, engaging and gave us the best party ever.
Fine dinning at home! why don't more people do it.
This will be the talk of the year among all my friends.
Thank you Poptop. Ian we wish you all the best
5STARS all the way"
Andrew• Feb. 23, 2019
"Ian is an excellent chef and provided a faultless service
He communicated throughout the whole process and assisted choosing the menu
Alison Gordon• Dec. 22, 2018
"We had a wonderful Asian themed meal on a Saturday. Ian was lovely, so easy to deal with and cooked up a treat which was loved by all. Impossible to pick out a favourite part of the meal as it was all so good from canapés through to the beautiful yuzu pudding.
Having Ian there meant all stresses of the evening were removed for us and we actually got to enjoy the full evening without ducking in and out of the kitchen all the time."
Alan Seviour• Dec. 9, 2018
Chef arrived early to prepare for the lunch for 10 that we had organised. Canapés were served first and they were wonderful a great indication of the food to come. We had gone through a menu with Chef Cathcart and agreed a three course lunch with amuse bouche to start ofCornish crab and mango cannelloni. Our starter next of duck rillettes and redcurrant compote followed by the main course Guinea fowl with Tarragon mousse stuffing, cocotte pot, heritage kale with chestnuts and glazed carrots . Dessert was the chefs suggestion of Tia Maria Chocolate Fondant. Every course was served hot and was delicious . We can thoroughly recommend Chef Cathcart he was totally professional and a joy to have in our home. We will certainly be using this very talented young chef again.
Henri• Oct. 19, 2018
"Ian was fantastic!
Very easy to plan with prior to the event.
On the day it was so nice to sit back and have that kind of service and skill in your own home. He was so accommodating and really put me at ease that everything was in control.
The food was just out of this world!
I couldn't recommend highly enough, thank you for such a lovely experience."
- What services do you offer?I'm a private dining chef, I offer bespoke menu's catered to you and your guests in your own home. I also have a huge converted Oil drum BBQ and can cater events, BBQ's and garden parties.
- Do you offer a venue for the banquet?No
- Do you cook in the same location as the banquet?Yes, I cook wherever I am needed to for your event.
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?Yes, depending on the time of year and guest I design each menu to suit every client. I have sample menus and dishes to reflect the seasons, but these are completely customisable. I will also cater to food alergens and Intolerances.
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?I am classically trained and have worked in Michellin starred, UK top 20 restaurants and Bistro's. I have also spent alot of time in pan-asian and fusion restaurants and classic british country pubs.
- Do you offer special menus?Yes, individualised to any occasion.
- Do you also offer a wedding cake?Not currently, but I can make recommendations.
- What is included in the menu?That is entirely up to you!
- Do you provide wait staff?Yes, service can be arranged for additional fees.
Barbecues up to 50 guests