Chef at Home by James Howe
Welcome to Chef at Home by James Howe.
We help you Impress without the stress
- We have 4 service levels: Bistro, Relaxed, Formal & Tasting
- Our Chefs are trained & nurtured by James ensuring the best experience throughout our team
- Our dedicated team of ambassadors are here to help you make your event the perfect evening your you
Chefs City's & Areas
Central London, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Manchester & Lancashire, Leeds & Yorkshire, East Anglia, Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Helena Beal• 1 Sep 2018
Food was fantastic! James and Jac did a brilliant job catering for our hen party of 19 ladies.
Gillian Anne Smith• 19 Jun 2019
James and Luke were our chefs for the evening, catering for a surprise party of 12 for a 60th birthday celebration.
Although there was initially a little confusion as to the amount of choices we had from the menu, this was quickly resolved. We settled on a three course meal from the summer menu which was absolutely magnificent. Every plate, every course, whether vegetarian or meat, were all beautiful. The presentation was lovely and every dish arrived at the same time, steaming hot and tasty...
Georgina Bickerton• 7 Sep 2019
Fantastic food, wonderful service, an unforgettable evening.
We booked James for a meal for 7 for my in laws' 40th anniversary. From start to finish it was simply wonderful, from him laying the table, serving the outstanding food to leaving the kitchen sparkling before he left. We genuinely cannot recommend him enough.
Louise Rolfe• 24 Feb 2018
I just wanted to say a big thank you for the meal you prepared for us on Saturday night.
The food was absolutely amazing and from me saying that I would like a Spanish themed meal, you prepared a superb menu selection and the food you served was even better. Everything about the night was straightforward, from run up to it to you leaving us with a kitchen that was left immaculate.
The service on the night was faultless and i would have no hesitation in recommending you to an...
Sara Glenn• 8 Dec 2018
We hold an annual friends Christmas party. This was the first time we have used a private chef, and will definitely be doing so again. The choice of menu that was available was amazing, almost too difficult to choose, and the company was great to deal with in the lead up to the event. On the night James arrived promptly and after being shown where everything was, just gone on with the preparation of the meal. The food was delicious, the service great and at the end of the meal the kitchen was le...
- What services do you offer?Private chef - cater for clients in the comfort of there own home for dinner parties and special occasions Personal chef - cook all food required for a family or group for a period of time (days/weeks/months). Beneficial to those with very hectic life styles Events chef - cater for special events such as corporate lunches, buffets, weddings, christenings, wakes, afternoon teas, shooting parties
- Do you cook in the same location as the banquet?Yes, however some prep maybe done in a prep kitchen depending on menu
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?yes, absolutely!
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?British, French, Spanish, Mexican, carribean, everything
- Do you offer special menus?Yes, we cater for all occasions, diets and tastes
- Do you also offer a wedding cake?Yes
- How does the open bar work?N/a
- What is included in the menu?menus are totally bespoke, however we do have example menus on our websites