Richard Day (Johnny Cash) and Lizzy Rushby (June Carter-Johnny's wife), backed by a full band and featuring projections and stage interactions capture the soul of the Johnny Cash-Carter legacy with feeling, honesty and humour to bring you a distillation of the career of one of the biggest names in country music. The show features a set list of the best of Cash and Carter; Folsom Prison Blues, Jackson, Ring of Fire, A Boy Named Sue, Get Rhythm, Carter family bluegrass, and delves into the magnificent American Recordings series, including Hurt, which brought Johnny to a whole new generation of fans.
Originally starting life as a theatre show, we are available for all kinds of events, including weddings, parties, corporate bookings and much more. Book now to enjoy the soul of country music that is, ‘Cash and Carter, Together’.
Amara Ammy Qudus• June 7, 2019
Absolutely brilliant!!! Me and my fiancé went to see Cash and Carter at the Chipping Norton theatre and we were both impressed. What an amazing evening. As a huge Johnny Cash fan, I'd recommend going to watch this talented duo. Also the band as whole did a great job too! Thank you for such a great show!!
Paul Matthews• April 7, 2019
Thoroughly brilliant show, incredible musicians, fabulous Johnny Cash and stunning June Carter. The whole evening was just full of great music from start to finish.
Best Johnny Cash tribute Ive seen.
Allen Clark• Oct. 4, 2018
Awesome group we seen them at Melton theatre and loved the show
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a live tribute to Johnny Cash (and June Carter-Johnny's wife , with whom he sang through the greater part of his career). We are a six piece band, with PA and lights and play theatres, festivals, parties and all kinds of events across the UK.
- What are the highlights of your career?There's so many; playing to sell out theatre crowds...playing inside a prison (in homage to Johny's prison concerts)...playing live on BBC radio...to name but a few!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are the only show that recreates the onstage chemistry between Johnny and his wife June, and we have a fantastic backing band that will get everyone on their feet singing and dancing.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?All kinds of events; we started as a theatre show, but can play weddings, parties, festivals...you name it; we'll play it!
- Who are your previous clients?Theatres across the UK, numerous festivals and events. Many parties and wedding receptions.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Contact us with details of your event and your requirements and we'll put together a quote based on your needs. If you're happy with the quote we will then send you a booking contract and take a deposit to confirm the event. Payment in full is required on the day of, or before the event.
- How long do you play for?Up to two hours (with a 15 min break in the middle)
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes; 4kW PA and various lights.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes; £3m pub liability and all equipment PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?As an absolute minimum, 7m x 3m floorspace.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, we're happy to include 1-2 requests in our set.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one 15-20 min break, or longer if you want to eat/ make speeches/ play bingo!
- Are you really loud?We're as loud (or quiet!) as you want us to be!
Folsom Prison Blues
Ring of fire
A boy named Sue
Walk the line
If I were a carpenter
Sunday Morning coming down
Streets of Laredo
Don't you think it's come our time
It ain't me babe
Time's a waisting
Sea of Heartbreak
Long legged guitar picking man