Brian Caves and The Blue Road
Three-Piece Blues/Rock/Funk band. We take classic songs and twist them into our unique style. We cover songs from Joe Bonamassa to BB King, Larry Carlton to Robben Ford, Hendrix to ZZ Top, Richie Kotzen to John Mayer, Prince to The Temptations, Bill Withers to Marvin Gaye, Lynyrd Skynyrd to Bad Company. Each of our songs has that little something extra. It could be taking a soul song and turning it to a driving rock/blues foot tapper, or taking a Hendrix tune and twisting it to a funky groove, an old blues classic and switching it to a cool funky smooth jazz number.
The band have many years of extensive experience, travelling the country to play pubs, clubs, functions, festivals, private parties. between us we've played alongside such bands as Wishbone Ash, Average White Band, Marillion, Larry Miller, Eugene Hideaway Bridges to name a few.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Highly experienced and professional three-piece blues, rock, funk band playing twisted covers and originals.
- What are the highlights of your career?Sharing stages with some of the best international musicians
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Unique take on classics and covers, giving them a fresh twist. Don't ever expect the norm from us. Avoidance of most tired workaday blues songs. Ability to engage with audience. Professional approach to everything.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Pubs, Clubs, Festivals, Private Parties, Weddings, Support Tours
- Who are your previous clients?Hundreds of events around the country. Too numerous to mention and always asked back.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash on the night Paypal Cheque Bank Transfer
- How long do you play for?Whatever client wants but generally not longer than 3 hours
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Quality PA and Lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Equipment all up-to-date No PL insurance
- How much space do you require?We've played some of the smallest venues you can think of but prefer at least 12x12 feet
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If we get asked for a specific tune we will always try and accommodate, bearing in mind our main musical genre which is blues
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Whatever the client needs
We have excellent high quality backline, PA and lighting.
We can play as many set configurations that you can imagine, so there will always be flexibility to suit a client's needs.
Here is an example of the songs we cover. We also add in original material, but tailor all sets to suit client/audience.
All Along The Watchtower (Hendrix)
Voodoo Child (Hendrix)
Hoochie Coochie Man (Muddy Waters)
Thrill is Gone (BB King)
Slow Rolling Train (Buddy Whittington)
Chevrolet (Robben Ford)
Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd)
Mountain Time (Joe Bonamassa)
Ballad of John Henry (Joe Bonamassa)
Wild Dogs (Tommy Bolin)
Purple Rain (Prince)
Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top)
Tush (ZZ Top)
Jesus Left Chicago (ZZ Top)
Vultures (John Mayer)
Gravity (John Mayer)
Everything I Need (Aynsley Lister)
Change It (Stevie Ray Vaughan)
Betting Man (Matt Schofield)
Can't Get Next To You Babe (The Temptations)
Heard It Through The Grapevine (Marvin Gaye)
Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone (Bill Withers)
Can't Get Enough Of Your Love (Bad Company)
Every day I have The Blues (Pinetop Sparks)
Burn It Down (Richie Kotzen)
Faith (Richie Kotzen)
True Lies (Kenny Wayne Shepherd)
Taxman (The Beatles)
Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Leave Your Hat On (Joe Cocker version)
Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh)