We play Irish, English, Cornish, Scottish, Russian, Klezmer and other traditional folk music. We have a wide repertoire of songs in all of these styles. Whether you want a short relaxed acoustic set at a reception, a loud and lively ‘plugged in’ set at an all night party, or anything in between, Boondock will deliver. We are highly flexible and willing to cater to any of your requirements.
Amanda and David• Dec. 15, 2017
"Wanted to say thanks again for playing at our family gathering! Everyone really enjoyed themselves, my Grandad was chuffed to hear all of the old classics from home and the children loved having a dance! Hearing you play really made for a special day, hope to see you again soon!
Amanda and David x"
Barry Lalanne• May 19, 2018
"The band came to play at my wedding in Poland in early September. They delivered on so many levels - apart from my wife saying 'yes' they were the highlight of the day!
They got everyone dancing and ensured the evening was an awesome party! The Polish guests in particular absolutely loved it as it was something new for them - and the English and Irish guests all said that it was a fantastic reception and all commented on well the band played.
Not only are they excellent musicians with an extensive knowledge of Irish and European Folk Music, they are a lovely group of people as well!
I would recommend them for any party or function - they were awesome and I look forward to seeing them again soon!"
Vicky T• June 15, 2018
They were absolutely brilliant at our 40th. Not only were they lively and fun with a good repertoire but the vocals and music were excellent. Everyone enjoyed their sets whether dancing or listening. They were fantastic and I'd recommend them to anyone. I need to come up with an excuse for another party so I can rebook them!!
Kate• Aug. 12, 2017
Can I just say the whole experience from choosing, booking and enjoying the band was an extremely positive experience. They were brilliant, polite, punctual and the music was great. They communicated well beforehand so I felt entirely confident in them understanding what we wanted. They were great musicians and we would definitely like to book them again one day. I would absolutely recommend them to friends with no hesitation
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Upbeat traditional folk and ceilidh band
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing to Terry Pratchett at his birthday celebration
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are multi-instrumentalists able to play various folk styles from Irish to Klezmer to American and more! We are also able to provide a band or ceilidh service or both!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties, events, festivals, clubs, celebrations and dances
- Who are your previous clients?Gerry Halliwell, Sofia Dahl, Jamie Callum, The late Terry Pratchet, The Green Party, Brigthon Council, Goodwood Festival of Speed, England's Medieval Festival, Broadstairs Folk Week, Pop Up Brixton, South of England Show, Onca Gallery, Crawley Folk Festival, Society of Homeopaths, City Reads,
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash on the day or BACS before hand
- How long do you play for?Our usual performance time is 2 x 45mins however we can play more or less to suit your requirements
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?We have fit in very small spaces! There are 4 of us and speakers
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Hopefully, please ask
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one 15min break but we can be flexible
- How much for a ceilidh caller?For a ceilidh or barn dance caller please add £180
- Can you play acoustically?Yes we have the option to play plugged in or acoustic.
- Can you provide background music for a wedding/drinks reception?Yes we can play suitable music to create a relaxed and ambient 'folky' feel
We play a range of instruments. Our acoustic sets usually consist of the accordion, fiddle, banjo, guitar, mandolin, bones and balalaika. Our ‘plugged in sets‘ also involve a small drum kit to really get those feet stomping and legs dancing! We can also provide a caller for Ceilidhs.
Paddy on the railway
Out on the ocean
The cliffs of moher & My darling Asleep
Toss the feathers
Scatter the mud
Old hag at the kiln
Fields of Athenry
Dennis Murphy's Polka
Dennis Murphy's and Peg Ryan's Polkas
Maid behind the bar
Greenland whale fisheries
Three Score and Ten
Newlyn fishermen's reel
Russian and Eastern European