THE CEILIDH TRIO ...... Black Velvet Band Ceilidh Trio includes some of the most experienced folk musicians and the best dance callers in the South West. Look forward to punchy jigs and reels from accordion or guitar and fiddle and a dance caller who gets everyone involved and makes sure that it’s a great fun event. The band has an excellent repertoire of Scottish, Irish and English dances and tunes and can tailor the style to suit your requirements. ...... THE IRISH DUO OR TRIO ...... Led by virtuoso fiddle player Mike Evans, Black Velvet Band Irish Duo or Trio gives you “The Craic” and some! All the well-known Irish songs that everyone knows and loves are included in the performance, along with upbeat Irish jigs and reels that will fill the dance-floor in no time, combined with plenty of the blarney to keep everyone amused. ....... THE HOEDOWN TRIO ...... The Black Velvet Band Hoedown Trio presents a great mix of Nashville-style American Rockabilly songs and includes a dance caller...
Hannah• 16 Feb 2019
We absolutely loved having Black Velvet Band play our wedding ceilidh at Clearwell Castle. My husband is from Scotland so we wanted a traditional Scottish ceilidh feel with some of the classics, and we were not disappointed! We had a good feeling about Black Velvet band from the moment we booked them - and sure enough, Mike and the guys were absolutely fantastic and made our evening party a huge success. The band were great and the instructions on the ceilidh dances were so helpful; even those o...
Ben Hawkes• 6 Apr 2019
A great bunch of lads who made our wedding reception swing. Their set was exactly what we wanted and set exactly the right atmosphere. They even let me take the mic for 2 songs. Which they probably regretted within seconds! A great choice for any kind of party.
Andrew• 6 Oct 2018
Had these guys along for my recent wedding as we wanted something that would be inclusive for all people attending to get involved in. the band were all that I could hope for. they got people up dancing and laughing, and everyone who attended said how much they enjoyed. thank you for being a part of our big day :)
Jack Paterson• 23 Mar 2019
The music was fantastic, the dances where simple and fun, my only issue with the band was I found the caller to be unnecessary harsh in what I assume was his attempt at banter, however I did feel it regularly came off as demeaning and rude. Not ideal for the mood on the dance floor.
Still though he did get the job done, we fumbled through the dances and had a good time doing so.
Alison• 16 Mar 2019
The audience struggled to hear the singers and when requesting songs they didn’t know them.
Musically there were very good
The arrived promptly and set up without problems
The feed back that I got from club members were that they were hard to hear
Quite boring until the second half when they sang more upto songs
They were very polite and approachable
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?The Black Velvet Band Ceilidh Trio (comprising accordion or guitar, fiddle and dance caller) provides 2 x 1 hour sets of ceilidh in a three hour period. Background music of a similar style is provided through the PA for 30 mins before the 1st set and in the break between the sets.
- Who are your previous clients?Featured on TV in the 2nd season of Sky TV's "Agatha Raisin" Spoof Crime Drama. BBC IKEA National Trust Bristol City Council Royal Air Force Royal Navy Holiday Inn
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If suitable for an acoustic line-up, the band will be happy to play it for you. If not, please supply the version of your choice saved to phone/tablet and the guys will play it through the PA.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?BVB has PLI and PAT Test Certs, renewed annually.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, family parties and corporate events.
- How much space do you require?A performance area of approx. 12 ft x 6 ft is required for the band, with at least one 13 amp socket near the performance space. A firm flat dance-floor approx 4m x 5m is required for a ceilidh.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA - no lighting
Black Velvet Band
Dirty Old Town
Fairytale Of New York
Fields Of Athenry
Follow Me Up To Carlow
Green Fields Of France
I'll Tell Me Ma
Lakes Of Pontchartrain