Beccy Rork is a saxophonist, teacher and arranger living in East Sussex.
She plays a mixture of tenor, alto and soprano saxophones, and has played for many weddings and special events, from solo, with professionally recorded backing tracks, to duos, trios and quartets ( a mixture of Jazz standards, Swing, Ballads, Latin, Funk and Blues ), through to larger groups playing more contemporary music to get the dancefloor moving (which can include guitar, piano, bass, drums, vocals and trumpet). She plays regularly with an established Wedding function band based in Brighton.
Beccy began playing in Blues, Funk and Soul bands in Norwich, and went on to study Jazz, Popular and Contemporary Music at Leeds College of Music, where she played tenor and alto saxophone, clarinet and flute in a variety of ensembles, from duo to big band and in many different genres.
Beccy toured extensively through France during the summer months with the Moliendo Café Trio (double bass, guitar and saxophone),...
Sue and Rod Clarke• 9 Jun 2017
Thank you so much for playing your sax at Rod's 60th birthday party last week. We really appreciated you being available at such short notice and preparing some pieces especially for us.
We all thoroughly enjoyed listening to your beautiful, fun and very professional playing. There were loads of lovely comments about the choice of music and your accomplishment.
Once again many thanks for your wonderful musical contribution to Rod's special day.
Best wishes, Sue and Rod Clarke, ...
Hannah Scarlett• 14 Jan 2017
"Beccy played the saxophone with a band for my 50th Birthday party, both Beccy and the band were amazing. I would highly recommend her for a party. She is a fantastic player and is very versatile. I chose the theme of 'sophisticated sixties' and she was able to offer some great suggestions of music to play and brought a wonderful energy and enthusiasm whilst being incredibly professional. Many of my guests commented on her fabulous playing. Thank you Beccy.
Hannah Scarlett, Lewes"
Samantha Fuller• 22 Aug 2015
"We just wanted to say thanks so much for playing at our wedding. You were fantastic, you really made it special.
Ashley and Sam
Samantha Fuller, Ravenswood Country House Hotel"
Peter and Nickhola-Susanne La Brooy, Brighton• 16 Jul 2017
"‘Beccy is a consummate professional, terrific sax player and also a lovely human being! who adds serious style to any gathering.
We hired her as one of the acts for our 2-day Festival Party, and frankly, could have listened to her all night. Will definitely ask her to come play for us again. Thanks Beccy for some really sexy, louche music..!’
Peter and Nickhola-Susanne La Brooy, Brighton
Robin Worters• 8 Oct 2017
"""I have been fortunate enough to listen to Beccy Rork playing the saxophone on several occasions, both on a ""can you play this tune?"" basis and, for longer sessions with programmes of her own choice. A professional musician, her phrasing, tonal range and timing is in the same class as was the late Stan Getz in his Jazz Samba heyday, and in me, evokes the same bitter-sweet memories. You will indeed be lucky if she will play for you""
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one break of 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the client's requirements.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Can play special requests if given notice to prepare.
- How long do you play for?At least one hour. Usually two 40 - 45 minute sets with a 15 - 30 minute break. Can play more or less as required.
- How much space do you require?Depends on size of group. If solo, room for myself and a small table for the PA.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Being able to offer a classy and professional performance individually tailored to the clients requirements in terms of musical material and budget/number of musicians.
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS
- Who are your previous clients?Claridges of London, Orient-Express cruises, The Labour Party, Thistle Hotels, The Grand Hotel, The Komedia, Brighton, Concorde 2, Lewes Con Club, Pizza Express, many private parties and weddings in the South.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Wedding ceremonies and receptions, parties, corporate events, festivals, product launches, galleries and restaurants.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Live female saxophonist playing Soul, Funk, Swing, Ballads, Latin and Blues - solo with backing tracks or with other live musicians.
Beccy can discuss your requirements and provide set lists for any of the following groups, and is happy to prepare special requests, given time to prepare them in advance.
Solo saxophone with backi...