The Backroom Band is one of the most experienced and lively ceilidh bands in Wales. This musical powerhouse from Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, West Wales has been getting people dancing in North Wales, South Wales & Mid Wales and beyond for over 25 years. Our music and dances draw on the rich traditional folk repertoire of Wales, Ireland, England and Scotland and will light up your barn dance, wedding celebration or event. We perform a mixture of songs and instrumentals when dancers feel the need for a break.
Recent gig - Summertime Irish Dance
If you’re looking for wedding or party entertainment that will get people involved and break down barriers, you’re looking for the Backroom Band. Young or old, Welsh or English speaking, seasoned dancers or people with two left feet - our experienced, bilingual and enthusiastic caller will get you on the floor. And if you can’t find a public Twmpath Dawns in Ceredigion or elsewhere in Wales to go to - why not help your club or society to organis...
Elspeth Clark• 23 Jun 2018
They were fabulous. Would highly recommend them.
Rebecca Persse• 28 Jul 2018
What a fantastic, super friendly, talented and entertaining group of people!! A brilliant night had by all in Rhiwderin last night. An absolute pleasure to have the incredible Backroom Band in attendance! Highly recommend and hope to see them all again!
- What are the highlights of your career?Together since 1982
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?None
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings and parties
- Who are your previous clients?Marriages
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer
- How long do you play for?Fit in with clients wishes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Have our own PA
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Small stage
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Maybe
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One of 30 minutes
Ceilidh / Barn Dance / Twmpath