Ar Faoued is an acoustic music band (we have our own PA) featuring violin, guitar, Irish bouzouki, viola, percussion & vocals. We play a mix of original songs/tunes traditional songs/tunes & covers of songs by the likes of Paul Simon, U2, Elbow, Show of Hands, Jethro Tull, James Taylor, Damien Rice, The Waterboys & others.
We can play as a duo, a trio or a 4 piece band.
We have played at a number of festivals around Yorkshire & the East Midlands & have supported renowned stars of the folk scene, most recently Sally Barker's band & Bernard Wrigley.
Vic Wood• 9 Aug 2017
Great to see you guys at the Vernon, Spondon last night. Very impressed with both the songwriting and the performance.
Sarah Ratcliffe• 13 Jan 2018
Was a lovely evening. Fabulous music and good banter. We really need to make more of an effort to escape the kids in the coming year. It can be my new year's resolution.
Tina Shirt - Mansfield Folk Club• 29 Jan 2018
Good crowd in last night and they weren't disappointed
Only one word describes Ar Faoued ......EXCELLENT
To encore with The Galway Farmers was PURE GENIUS
David Bateson - Chesterfield Folk Club• 13 Feb 2015
Well-loved local musicians Paul Chisnell, Ady Hall and Rob Jourdain opened the evening with a pastoral suite of songs. They sounded both contemporary and yet channelled elements of Pentangle and other late Sixties and early Seventies sounds. The blend of gentle guitar and bouzouki and wonderfully melodic violin and viola provided the perfect setting for Paul’s beautifully warm vocals and his own rhythmic drumming.
Swallows, penned by Ady, had some gorgeous harmonies and U2’s Still Don’t Know ...
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing as support to such acts as Sally Barker http://www.sallybarker.co.uk/, Bernard Wrigley http://bernardwrigley.com/, Vin Garbutt http://www.vingarbutt.com/, Martin http://www.watersoncarthy.com/id22.htm& Eliza Carthy http://www.eliza-carthy.com/ & playing on stage with Judy Dunlop http://www.allmusic.com/artist/judy-dunlop-mn0000631149 & counting her a friend (not a Facebook one). Playing with & helping Daniel Duke get his CD produced & counting him a friend too. Supporting Enda Kenny at the Library Theatre.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Up to you. Normally in 90 minutes we'd take 1 or 2 breaks between 15 & 30 minutes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Let us know beforehand & we'll let you know
- How much space do you require?Room for up to 4 people side by side. The PA doesn't take up much space. For the full band say a space 4 metres x 3 metres
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have PLI
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA which is good for an audience up to 150 people
- How long do you play for?Normally up to 90 minutes. Longer if required
- How can event planners pay for your services?cash, cheque
- Who are your previous clients?Festivals: Leeds Waterfront; Tuxford; Retford; Littleborough; Whitwell; Lichfield Festival of Folk Folk Clubs (Guests & Featured artists); Chesterfield; Mansfield; Crookes; Nether Edge; Cross Folk; Banner Cross Folk weddings - various anniversary celebrations - various
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Folk clubs, Music festivals, weddings, celebrations (birthdays/anniversaries) pubs & small venues
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?A wide range of influences & good original songs
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Highly respected & popular acoustic band playing a mix of original, traditional & cover songs & tunes featuring guitars, violin,bouzouki, & percussion
Cover songs/tunes include:
Simon & Garfunkel - Scarborough Fair, Mrs Robinson
U2 - I still haven't found what I'm looking for
Elbow - One Day like This
Show of Hands - Galway Farmer
RunRig - E...