Ar Faoued is an acoustic music band (we have our own PA) featuring violin, guitar, Irish bouzouki, viola, percussion & vocals. We play a mix of original songs/tunes traditional songs/tunes & covers of songs by the likes of Paul Simon, U2, Elbow, Show of Hands, Jethro Tull, James Taylor, Damien Rice, The Waterboys & others.
We can play as a duo, a trio or a 4 piece band.
We have played at a number of festivals around Yorkshire & the East Midlands & have supported renowned stars of the folk scene, most recently Sally Barker's band & Bernard Wrigley.
Tina Shirt - Mansfield Folk Club• Jan. 29, 2018
"Good crowd in last night and they weren't disappointed
Only one word describes Ar Faoued ......EXCELLENT
To encore with The Galway Farmers was PURE GENIUS"
Sarah Ratcliffe• Jan. 13, 2018
Was a lovely evening. Fabulous music and good banter. We really need to make more of an effort to escape the kids in the coming year. It can be my new year's resolution.
Vic Wood• Aug. 9, 2017
Great to see you guys at the Vernon, Spondon last night. Very impressed with both the songwriting and the performance.
David Bateson - Chesterfield Folk Club• Feb. 13, 2015
"Well-loved local musicians Paul Chisnell, Ady Hall and Rob Jourdain opened the evening with a pastoral suite of songs. They sounded both contemporary and yet channelled elements of Pentangle and other late Sixties and early Seventies sounds. The blend of gentle guitar and bouzouki and wonderfully melodic violin and viola provided the perfect setting for Paul’s beautifully warm vocals and his own rhythmic drumming.
Swallows, penned by Ady, had some gorgeous harmonies and U2’s Still Don’t Know What I’m Looking For involved the enthralled audience. The band go by the name of Ar Faoued (a Breton link) and are bound to give you an outstanding evening."
Services From Ar Faoued
Ar Faoued - 4 Piece Acoustic Band - 2 x 45 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Highly respected & popular acoustic band playing a mix of original, traditional & cover songs & tunes featuring guitars, violin,bouzouki, & percussion
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing as support to such acts as Sally Barker http://www.sallybarker.co.uk/, Bernard Wrigley http://bernardwrigley.com/, Vin Garbutt http://www.vingarbutt.com/, Martin http://www.watersoncarthy.com/id22.htm& Eliza Carthy http://www.eliza-carthy.com/ & playing on stage with Judy Dunlop http://www.allmusic.com/artist/judy-dunlop-mn0000631149 & counting her a friend (not a Facebook one). Playing with & helping Daniel Duke get his CD produced & counting him a friend too. Supporting Enda Kenny at the Library Theatre.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?A wide range of influences & good original songs
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Folk clubs, Music festivals, weddings, celebrations (birthdays/anniversaries) pubs & small venues
- Who are your previous clients?Festivals: Leeds Waterfront; Tuxford; Retford; Littleborough; Whitwell; Lichfield Festival of Folk Folk Clubs (Guests & Featured artists); Chesterfield; Mansfield; Crookes; Nether Edge; Cross Folk; Banner Cross Folk weddings - various anniversary celebrations - various
- How can event planners pay for your services?cash, cheque
- How long do you play for?Normally up to 90 minutes. Longer if required
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA which is good for an audience up to 150 people
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have PLI
- How much space do you require?Room for up to 4 people side by side. The PA doesn't take up much space. For the full band say a space 4 metres x 3 metres
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Let us know beforehand & we'll let you know
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Up to you. Normally in 90 minutes we'd take 1 or 2 breaks between 15 & 30 minutes
Cover songs/tunes include:
Simon & Garfunkel - Scarborough Fair, Mrs Robinson
U2 - I still haven't found what I'm looking for
Elbow - One Day like This
Show of Hands - Galway Farmer
RunRig - Every River
Jethro Tull - Wond'ring Aloud, Wond'ring Again, Dun Ringill, Life's a Long Song
Damien Rice - Cannonball, Delicate, Volcano
David Gray - Babylon, Please Forgive Me, From here I can almost see the sea
James Taylor - Fire & Rain, Close your Eyes
Karine Polwart - Will ye go to Flanders
Tir Na Nog - So Freely
The Corrs - Rebel Heart
Mark Knopfler - Sailing to Philadelphia
Fairport Convention - Crazy Man Michael
Colin Hay - I just don't think I'll ever get over you
The Levellers - 15 Years
The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues