Angel Up Front
An Overview Of Angel Up Front
Angel Up Front have been gigging regularly since 2002 as a female fronted four piece band, playing pop, indie, disco and classic rock covers. We have lots of experience of playing live, making friends with audiences and making sure they have as much fun as we can every time we play.
What We Play
We play Pop, Rock, Indie, a little Disco and a few other genres to add a little spice here and there.
Every song we play is a tried and road-tested crowd pleaser for audiences of all ages, from the Dandy Warhols to the Darkness, from Michael Jackson to Maroon 5, from Blondie to Bryan Adams and even from Gloria Gaynor to Guns’n’Roses.
Our line-up is:
Female lead vocalist
Bass & backing vocals
When appropriate we go out of our way to make a connection with audiences and get them involved in singing along, dancing, and sometimes even playing along with the band; sometimes we like to escape from the stage and join in the fun on the dance floor. Although we’re not a comedy act, our performances emphasis having fun as well as playing quality music.
We use some props so members of the audience can get involved whether it’s a tambourine or an inflatable guitar to play air guitar with.
We’re good with birthdays usually getting the whole audience to root for anyone who has one.
There is chat between some songs and some songs go straight from one to another to maintain continuity.
We will adapt our set list to suit our expected audience before the gig, but we are also flexible on the night as appropriate.
We play up to two and a half hours in any format a client wants but normally require at least one break. Usually, the longest single set we will play will be one and a half hours.
If a client has a special request we will accommodate it if we can. For example, we will learn requested songs if time permits, make special announcements, and we’re also happy to invite any clients who are also musicians to join the band for a few numbers; in general, if there’s something a client would like, we’ll do what we can.
Reliability & Ease Of Working Relationship
We pride ourselves on our reliability; since 2002 we have never been stopped by the weather and very seldom by illness.
We are well organised, and always aim to get in and out of venues with the minimum of fuss. We are proud of our reputation for being easy to work with, friendly and flexible; we love what we do, and we like to think that this comes across and makes the entire experience more enjoyable for everybody involved.
We have our own PA and lights suitable to play up to a medium sized venue of around 500+ people. If a larger PA is required then we can provide one for an additional fee or use one provided for us by the venue as appropriate.
We can play music between sets from our music player or from a client’s music player.
Natalie• Dec. 1, 2018
"Just wanted to say thank you all once again for last night! You guys were amazing and everyone had a fantastic time! Honestly couldn’t be more pleased. Hope to see you all again in the future.
All the best
Louisa• Nov. 24, 2018
"Fab night with this talented band ! Helped me celebrate a special birthday ! Thanks guys you made the evening!
Cobolt• Dec. 8, 2018
"On behalf of all the staff who came to the party on Saturday evening, thank you for making the evening such a roaring success. You were absolutely brilliant! Everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly and you created the atmosphere we were hoping for. (I think there were a few sore heads on Sunday!) I’ve had so many comments about how great you were. We couldn’t have been happier with how everything went so a really big THANK YOU!
I hope that you can play for us again sometime.
Have a very happy Christmas and New Year.
James and Mel• Jan. 27, 2018
"Just wanted to drop you all an email to say a massive thank you for Saturday. We and all of our guests thought you were brilliant.
We were really appreciative of the support and regular contact in the build up and planning for the big day.
You came across as really professional and a tight unit and so many of our guests at our wedding remarked on how good you were.
Ellie thoroughly enjoyed getting up singing with Emma by the way!.
James and Mel"
Jon• June 27, 2015
I just wanted to drop you a little note of thanks for your amazing performance at our wedding! Everyone was really impressed and we got lots of great comments about your performance.
Mardons• March 12, 2016
"A massive thank you from all of us at Mardons, staff and guests, you certainly entertained us with your brilliant song choices, musicianship and stunning vocals … We loved it!
Can I officially thank all of you for last night. Not as busy as you deserved but you excelled at entertaining us all and I’ve heard nothing but great feedback, so we really do appreciate all your hard work and effort."
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:An entertaining band playing pupular tunes who encourage our audiences to interact with the band and have fun.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We put a lot of effort into engaging our audiences and are very flexible. We do this because we love it not just because we get paid.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Parties, Weddings, Small Festivals, Charity events, Pubs, Clubs.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Yes
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 x 1 hour sets but we can play more or less.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, we have both.
- How much space do you require?3m x 3m or more.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With sufficient time and as suitable for our line up, we will learn it.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually only one break for 15 minutes but we are flexible.
1. All summer long - Kid Rock
2. Alright Now - Free
3. Another brick in the wall - Pink Floyd
4. Another one bites the dust - E Queen
5. Are you gonna be my girl - Jet
6. Are you gonna go my way - Lenny Kravitz
7. Bad case of loving you - Robert Palmer
8. Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
9. Blitzkrieg Bop - Ramones
10. Bohemian like you - Dandy Warhols
11. Call me - Blondie
12. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
13. Dakota - Sterophonics
14. Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers
15. Don’t stop me now - Queen
16. Enter sandman - Metallica
17. Feeling good - Muse
18. Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight - Abba
19. Gimme Some Lovin - Spencer Davis Group
20. Go your own way - Fleetwood Mac
21. Highway to hell - ACDC
22. Holiday - Green Day
23. I believe in a thing called love - The Darkness
24. I love rock and roll - Joan Jet
25. I need you tonight - Inxs
26. I saw her standing there - Beatles
27. I will survive - Gloria Gaynor
28. Jailhouse Rock - Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller
29. Johnny be good - Chuck Berry
30. Keep the faith - Bon Jovi
31. Livin’ on a prayer - Bon Jovi
32. No one knows - Queens of the Stone Age
33. Paradise city - Guns & Roses
34. Paranoid - Black Sabbath
35. Poison - Alice Cooper
36. Proud Mary - Tina Turner
37. Rockin’ all over the world - Status Quo
38. Schools Out - Alice Cooper
39. Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
40. Sharp dressed man - ZZ Top
41. Smells like Teen spirit - Nirvana
42. Stacy’s Mom - Bowling for soup
43. Stuck in the middle with you - Stealers Wheel
44. Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
45. Superstition - Stevie Wonder
46. Sweet child of mine - Guns n’ Roses
47. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynard Skynard
48. Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
49. The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
50. The Trooper - Iron Maiden
51. Devil Went down to Georgia - Paul Daniels Band
52. Valerie - Mark Ronson
53. Vertigo - U2
54. Walk This Way - Aerosmith
55. What’s Up - 4 None Blondes
56. Who Knew - Pink
57. Zombie - Cranberries