Almaz are husband and wife duo Joanne & Barny. Two live guitars, one stunning voice.
Jazz Festival favourites after being discovered busking at Nantwich Jazz Festival in 2018, Almaz were Invited to the Introducing Stage the very next day, the duo impressed enough to be given spots in various venues in the 2019 Festival and 2020 sees them supporting Joanne's icon, Headliner Ruby Turner on the Main Stage.
Almaz are hard working songwriters and musicians who live their craft. They continue to travel the UK and Europe taking their music to new audiences ahead of the release of their forthcoming album.
Available throughout the UK and Europe
Fully PAT Tested Equipment
£10m Public Liability Insurance
Full PA System
All Live Instruments
Commissioned Songs for special occasions
Almaz are an ideal accompaniment to any wedding reception, corporate event or party. Joanne’s stunning vocals pair beautifully with Barny’s tasteful & dynamic guitar to create the perfect atmosphere for any occasion.
Get in touch with the duo to discuss your requirements.
Services From Almaz
Bluesy Jazz Duo - 2 x 45 Minutes
Song Book Jazz & Blues Trio - 2 x 45 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Live Guitar & Vocal Duo with Various Trio Options
- What are the highlights of your career?Joanne received a Song Writing Award presented at Bafta in London in 2007
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?The Duo and Trio (with Bass) all share the same address and so we are able to work together, travel together and be available at short notice. Another advantage for the client is that we are able to dedicate time as a team to create an individual package of music for the moment and not just a standard set chosen by the band. (Though we love these gigs too).
- What kind of events do you usually serve?As full time musicians we have played a diverse range of gigs. Almaz create music for the moment so anything from a one song proposal to a theatre event and just about everything in between.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Card Payments. Cash Cheque Apple Apay or bank transfer
- How long do you play for?Up to 4 hours live performance available
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No lighting. Own PA for intimate or larger performances dependent on requirements
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes to both.
- How much space do you require?15ft by 10ft
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually 15 minutes per 30-60 minute session
Up to 4 hours of live performance. Jazz & Blues Duo.