Alex Taylor - violinist specialising in weddings and corporate events.
I'm an Australian violinist now living in Bristol, UK. I am classically trained and also enjoy playing jazz, swing, folk and tango. As a versatile performer I have no difficulty in providing different types of music as required and can be booked as a solo artist or with either of my two bands; 'Valentia' (duet with guitarist Lewis Dickenson) or 'The Zero Day Jazz Trio'.
"""jimmy""(Brian JAMES)"• April 28, 2019
Alex Taylor was an excellent violinist and entertained my guests extremely well. He arrived punctually and played a wide range of melodies including two pieces which I had especially requested.I have no hesitation in highly recommending him.
- How long do you play for?Two hours
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Can provide amplification suitable for most venues.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No
- How much space do you require?Equivalent of a small stage, depending on the number of players required.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One break of 20min
I enjoy playing a wide variety of different styles with bands and solo, along with high quality backing tracks. I often play weddings where I am to perform serious Classical music for the ceremony inside the church, then play lighter Gypsy Jazz or Jazz Ballads for the reception. I also compose my own electronic music which I play along with on the violin, this creates a good atmosphere at certain events also.