Shenanigans Irish Music Duo, consist of Alan playing the Guitar and providing the vocals plus Steve on the fiddle. We are both accomplished musicians and provide a lively and varied evening of Traditional Irish Music ie Songs Jigs and Reels. Book Shenanigans you wont regret it. Below is a recommendation from a satisfied customer.
Shenanigans, Alan and Steve were fantastic. Everyone at our party thoroughly enjoyed their outstanding performance. They are excellent musicians and Alan has a super voice for Irish songs, both soft and strong. Steve's fiddle playing was superb and complemented Alan's voice and guitar. They were happy to play requests from the audience and had a great interaction with the audience. We would definitely book them again as would most of the people present. As someone who goes to a lot of live music events I was really impressed. Book Shenanigans for a great night of entertainment, we all had a wonderful evening, thank you again Alan and Steve!
Another satisfied ...
Monica Thomas• 5 Oct 2018
"A wonderful night made all the more successful having booked Shenanigans.
Everybody enjoyed the music and mix of song and music. A great duo to entertain
and we were delighted to be able to request our favourites.
Many many thanks"
Kay Bray• 9 Sep 2017
"Thanks for your performance at my nannas party all the guests enjoyed it from ages 4 to 84....
Would very much recommend this band for a great night of entertainment :)"
Ann Edgson• 30 Mar 2019
Booked the Shenanigans for a 60th Wedding Anniversary celebration. A fantastic duo who gave a great performance and had everyone up dancing. They arrived in plenty of time, and although they were kept waiting as our meal went on longer than we anticipated, they were very understanding. Everyone young and old have commented on how wonderful they were. A fantastic evening and would certainly book them again, just need an excuse to have another party!
Hayley Leech• 10 Nov 2018
"Absolutely fantastic. The band were brilliant and my Grandad loved it!
Thank you :)"
Dee• 4 Nov 2018
The Shenanigans provided the entertainment for my dad’s 88th birthday party. I can’t recommend them highly enough... absolutely fantastic. They made the room come alive created a great atmosphere ... played and sang lots of traditional Irish folk songs but also engaged the audience with stories and background to some of the songs. Definitely would book them again.
- Who are your previous clients?The world Irish Heritage Centre in Cheetham Hill Manchester,The Old Hall in Hope, The Cotton Tree in Bollington, The Peaks Hotel in Castleton, The Jolly Sailor in Macclesfield. Cheshire Cheese in Buxton, Hare and Gate in Leek. The Irish Centre Huddersfield, The Folktrain from Manchester to Glossop/Hathersage. The World Irish Heritage Centre in Manchester.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Pubs, Clubs, Private Parties, Hotels, Holiday Camps, Music Festivals , Corporate Functions,Wakes, Etc.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We work around the needs of the person who has booked us.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Can't say for definite.
- How much space do you require?We do not need a lot of space.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have public liability insurance
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA
- How long do you play for?3x40 min spots with breaks.
- How can event planners pay for your services?They can pay by bank transfer or Cash.
- What are the highlights of your career?Being flown out to The Scilly Isles by helicopter to play at The Old Scilonians Club.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are a fully professional and reliable, we are fully insured for public liability and our equipment has been pat tested.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a Traditional Irish Music Duo Guitar and Fiddle plus Vocals, we promise a lively evening of songs to singalong with and Jigs and Reels/ Waltzes for you to dance to.
RARE OLD MOUNTAIN DEW, STAR OF THE COUNTY DOWN, PADDY LIE BACK, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, WIND THAT SHAKES THE BARLEY, PADDYS ON THE MOVE AGAIN,
FIELDS OF ATHENRY, BOLD O DONAHUE, MAGGIE, BOYS OF COUNTY ...