Hailing from the North Essex/Suffolk border, but covering the country, The Up & Up are an experienced, professional and exciting 5 piece function, party and wedding band. Boasting amazing female lead vocals and playing a varied and ever expanding range of pop, rock, funk, soul and dance covers from past to current charts, The Up & Up know how to get (and keep!) the party going whilst avoiding the cliché!
Amanda• Feb. 17, 2018
"Hi Jon, Many, many thanks for last night. The band was amazing!Hi Jon, Many, many thanks for last night. The band was amazing!!! (I hope you managed to find your way out of the university maze and got home safely!)
Having you guys there last night gave us a really memorable send off.
Andrew Westrop• Jan. 25, 2017
Amazing!!! These guys sounded great and were a perfect fit to our party. They did a wonderful outside set in the sun during the day and played later on in the evening with everyone dancing away. Happy to be flexible and work around us and the day. Very friendly and helpful I couldn't of asked for more the music was awesome and I have had so many positive comments about band. Thanks a lot!
Peter Cresswell• May 26, 2017
"Just to say a BIG thank you to the band for making my special birthday party go so well !
Amazing to see everyone of all ages up on the dance floor which was down to the great music played by yourselves and the lead vocals from Sid were stunning! A lot of guests commented on the performance and wanted to know where I found you, so maybe some more bookings will come forward ?
kevin Elliott• Nov. 1, 2016
Very good and very pleased with them we delayed them abit but they just took it in there stride, all the comment that I have had have been very positive. We hope to use them again in the future
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A top quality, high end Weddings and Functions band
- What are the highlights of your career?Supporting Ed Sheeran at a local music festival
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Providing accoustic, full band and DJ for a "one stop shop" party experience, with multi-talented musicians and fantastic vocals!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, company parties, special events and Black Tie functions, some Summer festivals - and the odd local pub gig with friends!
- How can event planners pay for your services?Directly or through Event UK
- How long do you play for?Anywhere from 1 to 4 hours, depending on agreed requirements
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, fully proffesional, 16 channel Mackie mixing desk and PA, and full set of stage and floor lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, each member has a minimum of £1m liability insurance and all our electronic equipment is PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?Comfortably. aprrox 6mtrs x 3 mtrs. But - enough space for drums, keyboards and 5 musicians
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With enough notice, we try wherever possible to accomodate special requests (eg: for a 1st dance). If we feel we cannot do the number justice (due to the original's make up/ sound) we will discuss with the customer and at the very least have the original played by our DJ.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depending on length of perfomance, number of sets. On average, 1 break after every hour of live music, for roughly 15 mins.
- What style of music do you offer?Pretty much anything from the 1960's to now. Not heavy rock or County and Western. Please look at the Setlist section to give you an idea
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?By all means. If we can play it, we will. We're constantly changing and adding to our repetoire!
- Do you do open-air acts?We do! Bit of a fan of local festivals!
We can offer accoustic sets, for more intimate affairs or to start the evening, full band sets and a fully DJ'd disco to round the night off. Whatever suits your requirements.
Here's just an example of the sort of music you can expect.
Come Together – The Beatles
I'm A Believer – The Monkees
Stand By Me – Ben E King
Son Of A Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
Car Wash – Rose Royce
Long Train Runnin’ – The Doobie Brothers
Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
Superstition – Stevie Wonder
We Are Family – Sister Sledge
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
Perfect - Fairground Attraction
Summer Of '69 – Bryan Adams
Sweet Child O' Mine – Guns ‘n’ Roses
Smooth - Santana
Dancing In The Moonlight - Toploader
Just A Girl - No Doubt
Ready to go - Republica
Zombie - The Cranberries
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
Mama told me not to come - Tom Jones & Stereophonics
Black Horse & Cherry Tree – KT Tunstall
Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
Crazy in Love - Beyoncé
Dakota - Stereophonics
Just Dance – Lady Gaga
New Shoes – Paulo Nutini
Mercy - Duffy
Poker Face- Lady Gaga
Rehab - Amy Winehouse
Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon
Sk8er Boi – Avril Lavigne
Sound of the Underground – Girls Aloud
Super Duper Love - Joss Stone
Greatest Day - Take That
Teenage Dirtbag - Wheetus
Mr Brightside - The Killers
That's Not My Name – The Ting Tings
Are you gonna be my girl - Jet
Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
You've got the Love - Florence & The Machine
Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
Paint it Black - Vanessa Carlton (Rolling Stones)
Rolling In The Deep - Adele
Forget You - Cee Lo Green
Anything Could Happen - Ellie Goulding
Raise Your Glass - Pink
All About That Bass – Meghan Trainor
Madness - Muse
Budapest - George Ezra
Ex’s and Oh’s – Elle King
Ghost – Ella Henderson
Hold Back The River – James Bay
I Will Wait – Mumford and Sons
Locked Out of Heaven – Bruno Mars
Rather Be – Clean Bandit
Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
Too Close – Alex Clare
Hurts - Emeli Sandé
Can't stop the feeling - Justin Timberlake
Don't Upset the Rhythm - Noisettes
Ho Hey - The Lumineers
Cake by the Ocean - DNCE
Don't Let Me Down - Chainsmokers
Green Light - Lorde
Attention - Charlie Puth
Amsterdam - Nothing but thieves
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
How deep is your love - Calvin Harris
New Rules - Dua Lipa