I have played sax and flute professionally for 25 years , I have had lots of experience in many fields of music including swing, soul, funk, salsa, motown, classical, shows, easy listening, jazz and smooth jazz.
I can play solo (with backing tracks) or within a duo/trio/band. I am self contained with my own PAT tested PA and lights, I have £10,000,000 Public Liability Insurance.
I currently play with a Ratpack show backing Anita Harris and Kenny Lynch, a 50's band touring the UK and abroad. Played with a Motown show, Beegee's show, 70's & 80's band and many function bands and big bands backing Tony Hadley, The Beverley Sisters, Denis Lotis, Max Byraves and Joe Longthorne.
Barbara Calvert• 10 Jun 2018
We cannot speak highly enough of Paula. Everyone was so taken with how professional, nice and friendly she was and we would certainly ask for her to play at another event. Many of our guests asked how far she would travel as they would love to use her services. Paula helped make a lovely day even more special.
Ruhena Begum• 17 Feb 2019
I just want to say a massive thank you to Paula! She was an absolute star performer! Even though the itinery for the day didnt go to plan, Paula was happy to stay until i made my entrance and played the sax beyond the time frame agreed. She was all smiles and really lit the whole place up with her instrument playing away. I would 100% recommend Paula to anyone for any event. I got some great feedback from my guests saying that they very much enjoyed all of the music. I think it set the perfect a...
Jon• 20 Apr 2019
"We hired Paula through Poptop for our Wedding reception yesterday.
She made a special effort to go through the arrangements with us, in particular the timings, and which songs we wanted.
She was completely self contained, and the quality and delivery of her music was truly exceptional.
Hiring Paula made the wedding something really special.
All of the guests commented on how good she is, and what a great time they had.
I would highly recommend Paula for similar events- she is a true profe...
Janet Sadler• 1 Sep 2018
Absolutely fabulous. She helped make the evening a great success, a lovely person who genuinely wanted to give her very best. Many guests commented how much they enjoyed Paula’s music. We would highly recommend her. Thank you.
JEFFREY SPONG• 19 Jul 2017
First class very nice lady
- How can event planners pay for your services?Deposit via either bacs or cheques, remainder either via bacs or cash/cheque on the day.
- Who are your previous clients?Lots of Clients in bands.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Parties, Weddings, Bars, Restaurant, Hotel, anything.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I will try and play songs you request, I am self-contained, and will travel anywhere. Many songs to chose from many genres.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing on The Ant and Dec Show, The Paul O'Grady Show, F1 opening.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Solo sax (of flute too if wanted) with full instrumental backing tracks to a wide selection of songs including classical, soul, jazz, motown, swing, easy listening and up to date charts.
- How long do you play for?However long the client requires.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?That depends on how many sets i'm doing, but I only need about a 10-15 min break.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, I will try my best to play a song of your choice.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I do have Public Liability Insurance up to the value of £10,000,000. I also have equipment that is PAT tested.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes I have my own PA and some lights if desired.
- How long do you play for?I tend to do 45 min to 1 hour sets, but that's not set in concrete and we can arrange between us.
Blues In The Night
Boulevard Of Dreams
Everybody Needs Somebody
God Bless The Child
Hit The Road Jack
Honky Tonk Woman
I Wish I knew How It Would Feel To Be Free