The Rosewood String Quartet
The Rosewood String Quartet (founded 2013) is an experienced string quartet based in Glasgow. We specialise in weddings but are available to perform at a wide range of events.
With a repertoire varying from classical to pop, we are also happy to arrange new music, catering to all musical tastes. Whether you need background music at your party or music to walk down the aisle to, the Rosewood Quartet will make your event special.
Quotes are tailored specifically to your needs to please don't hesitate to get in touch, we would love to play for your event!
We can also reduce to a string trio (two violins and cello) and are happy to travel across the UK.
Stephen• 6 Apr 2018
Absolutely brilliant at our wedding on April 6th. No one knew we had you booked and it was all everyone spoke about throughout your time playing. Thanks again for playing out requests! Stephen and Ammie
Christine• 29 Apr 2018
We had the rosewood string trio play at our wedding ceremony at Glasgow University and for an hour at our wedding reception at Pollokshields Burgh Hall. They were fantastic! They played beautifully throughout all aspects of our day with lovely choices of music. It added a touch of class and made the ceremony in the church very special and atmospheric. They were very easy to communicate with...Yvette was always prompt at replying and happy to help in any way over the months leading up to the wedd...
Fiona• 16 Dec 2017
Rosewood String Quartet (or trio for us!) were absolutely amazing at our wedding on 14th December at Mar Hall! They played so beautifully and I really had to hold back the tears as I entered the ceremony room! Booking process and all communication with Yvette was smooth from start to finish, couldnt have asked for more!! My biggest thanks to you all, you really added the perfect touch to a magical day and we had so many compliments xxx
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties, event receptions, graduation balls, corporate events.
- How long do you play for?For ceremonies, we usually play for half an hour as guests arrive, the entrance processional, at the signing of the register and for the exit. We can also be booked to stay and play for the reception if required.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We don't require a PA or lighting equipment. All we require from the venue is 4 armless chairs and an appropriate, safe place to store instrument cases for the duration of our performance.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have public liability insurance.
- How much space do you require?Approximately 3m x 3m, we often set up in a corner of the room.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We charge a small additional arrangement fee for any music not already on our repertoire list.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If playing for more than the ceremony and one hour at reception or for longer than two hours at a reception, we will require a ten minute break.
Pop/ Modern Covers:
Everything I Do (I Do it for you) - Bryan Adams
When We Were Young - Adele
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
Dream - Priscilla Ahn
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong