Sexton's Disco Karaoke
Sexton's Disco Services provide disco and karaoke for private functions & Corporate events.. What we offers is a reliable, value for money service, yes you can maybe find cheaper, but! are they reliable, do they have the necessary insurances and cover for your protection. We often receive calls from people wanting to book on the last minute because their DJ has let them down.
We are covered by public liability and although many venues require this prior to a DJ setting up many don't bother, so what happens in the event of an accident? we carry a large stock of music to suit you and your guest' taste and can cater for anything from children's parties up to your granddad's 90th. May you are planning your wedding, want to hold a birthday party or hold a family party to celebrate a christening, we've got you covered, offering a friendly reliable service.
I have a great deal of experience having been in the pub industry for several years and being able to offer some excellent Liaison, communication and general social skills that will ensure you party is one to remember with a smile rather than it be a talking point. In addition to this I have been a DJ since 2000 and although have met some great people along the way I have a lot of experience in working in the public "limelight"
I also use other sites for my work and have over 20 reviews from satisfied customers all who have been good enough to give me 5 star reviews, so I must be getting something right. Just drop me a line and make a booking you won't be disappointed, Kind regards Jim
Andrea glasspell• March 29, 2019
We 100% recommend Jim’s disco and karaoke. Jim was brilliant from beginning to end and really helped create a fantastic party for my dads 70th birthday. Jim kept in touch before the party, arriving nice and early to set up beforehand. Jim couldn’t have been more accommodating throughout the night and was keen to play the kind of music that would go down best. The karaoke was also a great success, Jim brilliantly singing a few numbers throughout the night. Can’t recommend Jim enough.
Natalie• June 16, 2018
Absolutely fantastic would definitely recommend Jim, he played everything we wanted and worked around all our timings, he even helped take some of my family home as they couldn’t get taxis! Extremely helpful and had everyone up dancing. You won’t be disappointed! Thanks Jim!
shelley• Oct. 7, 2017
"This was the best Dj disco kareoke i have been to and he could sing as well, his voice was really good.
My husband who was 50 said it was the best night ever"
Nicky naylor• June 29, 2017
Great dj and kareoke would use again on time and great tunes
Samantha• May 7, 2017
"Brilliant service! Jim turned up early to set up before the guests arrived and was happy to do this free off charge.
Really nice friendly guy, I would use his service again if I ever need a DJ again"
Kim• July 15, 2017
Really pleased with how the party went including karaoke. Jim was able to play requests and everyone seemed to have a great time. Thanks
Services From Sexton's Disco Karaoke
Professional Party DJ
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes I have my own PA system, a Bose line array system state of the art with exceptional sound quality, no matter where in the room you are and Lighting. I use a good selection of lights, which offer very good lighting of the room in question. I do also have lasers and strobe lighting though sometime these may effects some of your guest who may have flashing light issues.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes I have £10 million PLI for which documents can be viewed when required and all my equipment is pat tested at regular intervals in complience with insurance requirements
- What style of music do you offer?I am a generic DJ and do not claim to specialise in any particular genre's, nevertheless, I can offer many genre's my library goes back as far as the 60's and my most recent music is up to date and current with Chart, Dance, House, R&B,Rap, Easy listening (for dinner intervals) Motown, Some Northern Soul (though I do not specialise in this) Reggae, EDM, Wigan Pier and of course for those who like a sing song Karaoke. Should you be looking for a singer I am also happy to offer a couple of 1/2 hour spot as long as it has been discussed and arranged beforehand and has been factored into the price of the quote. Styles are Elvis Presley, many 60's artist, Michael Buble, mixture of modern and earlier material
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes of course I have been asked in the past to do children's party's and have been asked for games and don't mind any request no mater what it may be just ask I can say no, one of my favorite sayings is who will care in 100 years?
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes I am happy to do open air events obviously as long as the weather holds up and I know how many people size of event and full requirements etc. If security of any stages are required then this would be something I would expect to already be in place.
- Can I get my deposit back if my event is cancelled?Unfortunately, I can not give deposits back unless there are very exceptional circumstances and at my own discretion. The reason for this is simply that I can not afford to set aside time for your event and turn other work away in the hope that your event will go ahead and then for what ever reason doesn't. The deposit I take enters you into a legally binding contract with me and although some providers do not take a deposit, this is often because they do not want to set anything in 'stone' and should something better come along, will take it. Obviously this leaves the customer (you) having to look around for a replacement DJ at the last minute. Once I receive a deposit you can guarantee I will turn up otherwise you can sue me and a court will consider any legitimate reason that I had let you down and ruined your day had I done so.
Although I will always play a great selection of music It is impossible to assume what kind of music is required. With that said I will happily receive any playlist prior to an event. Also I don't mind receiving request on the night of your event. I work on the basis that it is your party not mine and should you feel that I have not respected that fact please feel free to bring it to my attention. You are paying for the provision of my services to ensure that you and your guest are having a great time.