Serenade is a modern violin (Serena Smith) and guitar (Adam Schofield) duo. Our sound is quite contemporary and dynamic, incorporating looping pedals to pop songs, Irish folk tunes, jazz, dance music and more. We would especially suit weddings, however, we have performed in a variety of events.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?It varies from event, to event, but we usually prefer at least 10-15 mins between live sets.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?As a duo we are very adaptable and can learn new songs relatively quickly. However, it depends on the difficulty level of the song. In the past we have learned new songs especially for an event and are very happy to accommodate learning one or two new pieces depending on time constraints.
- How much space do you require?We have managed to fit into some small corners but prefer more space.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we do
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we do
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 sets of 45 minutes but we can accommodate a variety of requirements (for example, in a wedding we might play in the ceremony and later at the reception).
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash at the event or bank transfer.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We are primarily a wedding duo, but have also performed in other private parties, pubs, and special events through local councils.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have a very modern sound and are able to accommodate a large variety of playing styles. We offer background instrumental music or alternatively party music with vocals.
- What are the highlights of your career?We have performed at many private and public events in Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire. Highlights of our career as a duo are at various events where the clients have appreciated our work and leave us fantastic feedback.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A duo available to hire for private and public events with a live band sound that takes up less space
Sample set list:
Isn't She Lovely
Pachelbel's Canon in D
Traditional Irish Reels