Scott Shellis Films
Scott Shellis is a Birmingham videographer and filmmaker. He was born and raised in the industrial heart of England. At sixteen Scott attended art college, where he specialised in photography and later in film. In those days the format still used for this medium was 35mm film for still photos and 8mm tape for video.
Despite the shortcomings of 8mm video tape, Scott was able to produce cinematic clips and short films which captured the atmosphere and resonance of the late nineties. This was achieved using just instinctive framing and by bringing Scott's own idiosyncratic style and atmosphere to projects.
Also during this time, Scott spent much time in the darkroom developing 35mm stills and later, honing his video and filmmaking skills. Scott became obsessed with art of lighting and cinematography and this has inspired him to this day.
Scott Shellis Films provide not just a filmmaking service, but a chance to capture beautiful moments with gorgeous moving image using a combination of modern and vintage equipment. No expense is spared to create the most stunning and cinematic visuals possible.
Jenny Wilkinson• Aug. 1, 2018
"Thank you Scott for capturing our wedding day so perfectly and creating an incredible wedding film. You are an extremely talented videographer and we are eternally grateful for everything."
Jen & Ben.
Sophie Jones• Aug. 27, 2017
"Our Wedding Video is absolutely amazing, better than either of us could have dreamed of...
Thank you so so much for capturing our day and our moments so perfectly, you’ve given us something beautiful that we can watch over and over again through the years to remind us of the best day of our lives."
Laura O'Neill• March 12, 2018
"Thank you so much Scott for transforming my very long wedding video into an up to date, modern looking one which captures all the highlights of the day perfectly. It is the perfect length for me to post it on social media to show all my lovely family and friends.
I really thought it would be impossible to edit and transform my slightly out-of-date styled video, filmed by a different videographer some years ago, into a version which is much more elegant and modern. It turned out even better than I anticipated and captured all the important moments.
Really professional and just a wonderful service. I would definitely recommend you to people looking for someone to capture their special day. So grateful for all your help."
- What services do you offer?1. Short Wedding Film w/Music 2. Featurette Wedding Film 3. Custom Packages 4. International Packages
- What does the wedding package include?1. Short Wedding Film w/Music Guests arriving Bride & groom preparation Ceremony £495 2. Featurette Wedding Film Guests arriving Bride and groom preparation Ceremony Audio of speeches First dance £950 3. Custom Package Completely customisable
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?This is possible.
- What kind of technology do you use?We use carefully selected, high- end cameras and lenses which are compact and non-intrusive, as well as minimal and naturalistic lighting, designed to create a beautiful image. All of our equipment used for weddings is minimal and non-distracting to suite and compliment the venue.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?Your wedding film will be posted online for modern, easy sharing with friends and family. You will also receive a copy of your film on USB.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?Final completion times of the final edit of your film are subject to each wedding video and its particulars, but are completed in a timely manner.
- Do you send all the photos taken?You will receive a professionally edited wedding film.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?Scott Shellis works mainly alone on the day of shooting but sometimes uses an assistant, depending on the plan.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?In case of unforeseen circumstances, Scott Shellis Films will try their utmost to provide you with a replacement videographer whom matches our skill level adequately.
- Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?Yes.
Wedding Films may include but are not limited to:
· Guests arriving
· Bride and groom preparation
· Speeches with audio
· First dance
· International packages
· Help with finding an excellent stills photographer
· Video Editing and reediting of old wedding films
· Digitisation of VHS and other analogue formats for preservation of precious footage and easy online sharing