Ryan Cowan Photographer
With several years of experience as a commercial photographer, I also cover social and corporate conference events in Oxford, London and Amsterdam.
I have a photojournalistic approach, capturing those candid moments but also satisfying the posers who love to confront the camera head-on.
Jack Schofield• 17 Nov 2017
I hired Ryan for a charity dinner that I run in memory of my brother.
Naturally this brings high expectations on my behalf and I could not be happier that I asked Ryan to take this job.
He was thoroughly professional, arriving early to scope out the room and get set up and staying later than planned so that everyone who wanted a photo had the chance.
Ryan is such a lovely guy too, taking the time to learn the reasoning behind the event and engaged so brilliantly with guests. And the photos...
Emma Buchanan• 16 Apr 2016
We thought Ryan was superb.
He took some brilliant pictures of our party, managed to capture everyone, got wonderful group shots, missed nothing, stayed until about 4am and then spent many hours editing and putting several hundred photos online. He was thoroughly professional but at the same time very easy to accommodate, not intrusive, and we would thoroughly recommend him.
Lucy Rouse• 31 Mar 2019
Ryan was an absolute legend!
I asked him to take some fly-on-the-wall photographs for my Mum and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary. Bearing in mind, my parents were quite resistant to the idea as they didn't want a camera being poked in everyone's faces, Ryan was absolutely first class.
He kept firmly in the background but still managed to capture so many wonderful moments and I really felt he somehow managed to capture the personalities and characteristics of people he had only just met. He w...
Rory Chaplin• 16 Mar 2017
Ryan has photographed our events for many years now with stunning shots of our guests enjoying themselves which makes for very happy clients!
He's always in the right place at the right time to capture the moment as well as being on time and being willing to stay well past his contracted hours if things run over.
I would highly recommend him!
- What services do you offer?Conference Event Photography Cover Business Headshot Event Booth Corporate meetings PR / Press / Social Media Event Photography Award Ceremonies Anniversary Celebrations Birthday Parties
- What style of photos do you take?I have a photojournalistic approach, ( capturing the candid monents and setting up for the predictable moments to happen ) but I also enjoy appeasing the posers who simply must be captured with their friends/colleagues for instagram.
- What kind of technology do you use?High Digital Camera (36 Megapixel, Full-frame DSLR)
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?I provide a secure online gallery for all my clients, to view photos, share with guests, download digital files and order physical prints from.
- Do you send all the photos taken?All the relevant photos will be included after editing*. Editing is a term which refers to the process of sorting through, removing the bad shots and selecting the ones to include.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I usually work alone unless it is clear that assistance will be needed. If that is the case, there are photographers that I share the load with.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?Yes. I am sometimes called on as a replacement for other freelance photographers if they are unable to fulfil a commitment and I if I ever need the favour returned, I will call on them.
Conference Event Photography
Business Headshot Event Booth
PR / Press / Social Media Event Photography