A small family run business with a long pedigree in providing a friendly and polished service to couples on probably the most important day of their life. Our customers love our cars; many people come to us through recommendation and we often are asked to provide a car to other family members when they decide to get married. We know that the job of a wedding car chauffeur is so much more than just presenting a perfect car and driving it on the day. Our team have the experience to provide those special touches that make things run smoothly, putting customers at ease and making the whole event happy and memorable.
We are the only Newark based company who provide 1930’s cars as well as our 1955 Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire. Having been in the business for over 30 years we know all the venues very well and of course we are well-known throughout the local area. Every wedding is different so you can talk to us about your individual needs - all at very reasonable prices.
- Type of vehicles?Our cars are all genuine and original post vintage and classic cars. They all have four doors and are superb wedding cars
- About the fleet?We offer two Daimlers and an Armstrong Siddeley. All the vehicles are four door and all have ample room in the rear seats for 3 adults, more if children. The front passenger seat may also be used. The oldest vehicle is a 1934 Daimler saloon in black and light grey and we have a 1939 Daimler convertible. This car, in black and ivory, has the option of having the roof lowered and when raised the car is as a closed saloon. The 1955 Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire is a spacious saloon in black and silver
- What is included in the wedding package?We are flexible so as to provide what is needed. A typical full wedding package is to pick up the bride's suppoting attendants and her mother and take them to the wedding ceremony location. Then to pick up the bride accompanied by her escort and take them also to the location. Following the wedding to take the bride and her husband to the reception location. If two or more cars are hired then additional parties may be taken to the reception.
- Is the car chauffeur driven?All our cars are chauffeur driven by highly experienced drivers who know the area well and the needs of people on thier wedding day.
- Is there a minimum rental time?No
- Is there a maximum rental time?Normally 3 hours but we are with you for as long as we are needed.
- Are there any additional services?We may be able to provide additional services depending on timing and distance.
- Do you charge per hour or per event?We charge per event, and the price is fully agreed beforehand which is confirmed on the Booking Confirmation document sent to the customer.
Vintage Wedding Cars. If you are looking for genuine vintage cars for your wedding, you will find our 1930s Daimlers tick all the boxes. Our 1950's Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire 346 is the latest addidtion to the fleet and is proving popular with our customers.
Open Top Daimler has been providing vintage wedding car hire in the Newark area for over 30 years with a convertible or saloon cars. We are the people who are able to provide that wedding car which is distinctive and elegant, thereby making the occasion special, unique and memorable. We pride ourselves on not only the quality and standard of our wedding service but also on the excellent condition of our vehicles and our attention to detail.