Espíritu Flamenco organise flamenco events, performances, workshops, hen parties, classes, talks, community events and educational events in Manchester and beyond.
Working with other performers and colleagues, Sarah Chambers leads this group.
– Traditional percussive flamenco, with pounding rhythms and haunting melodies
– Contrasting musical styles and traditional Spanish costume
– Performances at many different events, festivals, corporate events, parties, tapas bars
– Educational events and demonstrations, explaining flamenco to all age groups
– Wide ranging experience giving workshops in schools, community groups and sheltered housing
– Audience participation with clapping and simple dance steps
– Adult and children’s classes teaching dance, rhythm and accompaniment: formal classes, hen parties, social groups.
Do you do open-air acts?
Yes certainly, but the dancer cannot perform on a slippy surface. This is traditional percussive flamenco that requires a wooden floor. Portable panels can be provided but they are not suitable for wet surfaces or damp weather.
Traditional flamenco shows. Dancer and Spanish guitarist or bigger group.
Songs from Sevilla to Cadiz. PA and portable dance floor available if required.