Magenta Strings was formed in 2001 when Helen Coleman (violin) and Lucy Deakin (cello) met at Leeds College of Music. Magenta has developed into a vibrant young ensemble who play for weddings and functions throughout Derbyshire and the northwest. In addition to the quartet of four players, Helen & Lucy also perform regularly as a string duo (violin & cello).The repertoire is well suited to a wide range of events and has been well received at weddings, receptions, birthdays, surprise proposals and bar mitzvah.
garry murray• 1 Mar 2016
was so impressed made our day fantastic can definately recommend
Tony Wilson• 25 May 2016
The 2 classical players were on time and a delightful duet that would enhance any event. Would recommend without hesitation. Brilliant and without them the boat trip would not have been the same.
Tony alias Zorro
Craig morris• 17 Jun 2016
The Magenta String duo were fantastic. Communication prior to the event was top notch and nothing was too much trouble.
The music during the ceromony and after during the arrival drinks was fantastic and all of our guests commented on how beautiful the playing was.
My new wife and I were extremely satisfied and would highly recommend Magenta Strings.
Mr and Mrs Morris
Jamie Meakes• 6 Sep 2016
"The Magenta Strings played for us at our wedding breakfast and were superb. Our guests were very impressed and the quartet were a perfect accompaniment for a truly wonderful day. Highly recommended!"
Rating: 500 out of 5
Paul Mabley• 23 Aug 2017
Well Helen and Lucy the response to your music even surprised me We had a families and friends hog roast meal at the Sitwell Hotel and booked the duo as light backing music while we where chatting and eating and drinking with our friends to get to now them before the wedding the next day, We wondered if it would work .well it sure did The girls done a wonderful job and a lot of adults complimented me on the way the girls played One comment was The music was so breath taking I just had to sit bac...
- What equipment do you need?Dining chairs without arms.
- How long do you play for?Anything from 1 hour up to a 4 hour booking. We are available for bookings longer than 4 hours where substantial breaks are included.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We generally have a 10 min break in every hour, but we work around the event and take breaks where is convenient.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We will arrange the music of your favourite tunes for your ceremony, all included in the fee :)
- How much space do you require?The full string quartet needs around 3m square if possible. The string duo around half that and can squash in small spaces if need be for ceremonies. The duo is ideal for small churches and small rooms at venues.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have public liability insurance with the MU (Musicians Union). We don't have electrical equipment.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?N/A
- How long do you play for?Anything from 1 hour up to a 4 hour booking. We generally have a 10 min break in every hour, but we work around the event and take breaks where is convenient.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties, corporate events, military dinners.
DUO REPERTOIRE LIST
Air from suite no.1 - Water Music (Handel, G.F.)
Air (Bach, J.S.)
Alleluia Exsulate Jubilate (Mozart)
Arrival of the Queen of Sheba (Handel, G...