Have Magenta Strings play at your wedding or event as the perfect complement to your day.
We can play for wedding ceremonies, drinks receptions, meals, parties and corporate functions.
We have an extensive repertoire list, but if your favourite piece of music isn't on there, not to worry - we can write it for string quartet for you and perform it on your big day. All included in the price!
Magenta Strings was formed in 2001 when Helen Coleman (violin) and Lucy Deakin (cello) met at Leeds College of Music. Magenta has developed into a vibrant young ensemble who play for weddings and functions throughout Derbyshire and the northwest. In addition to the quartet of four players, Helen & Lucy also perform regularly as a string duo (violin & cello).
Danielle Buckley• 19 Aug 2019
Beautiful performances. I will never forgot starting to walk down the aisle to my favourite piece of music.
Magenta strings provided everything I requested and were easy to liaise with.
The music they provided for the drinks reception was beautiful and many guests commented.
They were efficient, professional and helped make the day perfect.
As musicians myself and many guests were string players, I would highly recommend.
Craig morris• 17 Jun 2016
"The Magenta String duo were fantastic. Communication prior to the event was top notch and nothing was too much trouble.
The music during the ceromony and after during the arrival drinks was fantastic and all of our guests commented on how beautiful the playing was.
My new wife and I were extremely satisfied and would highly recommend Magenta Strings.
Mr and Mrs Morris"
Alexandra Batten• 15 Jun 2019
Thank you so much Magenta Strings for playing at our wedding. So many of our guests commented on how lovely it was to hear them playing during and after the ceremony. Would highly recommend.
Jamie Meakes• 6 Sep 2016
"""The Magenta Strings played for us at our wedding breakfast and were superb. Our guests were very impressed and the quartet were a perfect accompaniment for a truly wonderful day. Highly recommended!""
Rating: 500 out of 5
Janet McCormick• 27 May 2019
Very professional.Wedding guests thoroughly enjoyed their music experience.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties, corporate events, military dinners.
- How long do you play for?Anything from 1 hour up to a 4 hour booking. We are available for bookings longer than 4 hours where substantial breaks are included.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?N/A
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have public liability insurance with the MU (Musicians Union). We don't have electrical equipment.
- How much space do you require?The full string quartet needs around 3m square if possible. The string duo around half that and can squash in small spaces if need be for ceremonies. The duo is ideal for small churches and small rooms at venues.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We will arrange the music of your favourite tunes for your ceremony, all included in the fee :)
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We generally have a 10 min break in every hour, but we work around the event and take breaks where is convenient.
- What equipment do you need?Dining chairs without arms.
DUO REPERTOIRE LIST
Air from suite no.1 - Water Music (Handel, G.F.)
Air (Bach, J.S.)
Alleluia Exsulate Jubilate (Mozart)
Arrival of the Queen of Sheba (Handel, G.F.)