Magenta Strings was formed in 2001 when Helen Coleman (violin) and Lucy Deakin (cello) met at Leeds College of Music. Magenta has developed into a vibrant young ensemble who play for weddings and functions throughout Derbyshire and the northwest. In addition to the quartet of four players, Helen & Lucy also perform regularly as a string duo (violin & cello).The repertoire is well suited to a wide range of events and has been well received at weddings, receptions, birthdays, surprise proposals and bar mitzvah.
garry murray• 1 Mar 2016
was so impressed made our day fantastic can definately recommend
Tony Wilson• 25 May 2016
"The 2 classical players were on time and a delightful duet that would enhance any event. Would recommend without hesitation. Brilliant and without them the boat trip would not have been the same.
Tony alias Zorro"
Craig morris• 17 Jun 2016
"The Magenta String duo were fantastic. Communication prior to the event was top notch and nothing was too much trouble.
The music during the ceromony and after during the arrival drinks was fantastic and all of our guests commented on how beautiful the playing was.
My new wife and I were extremely satisfied and would highly recommend Magenta Strings.
Mr and Mrs Morris"
Alexandra Batten• 15 Jun 2019
Thank you so much Magenta Strings for playing at our wedding. So many of our guests commented on how lovely it was to hear them playing during and after the ceremony. Would highly recommend.
Janet McCormick• 27 May 2019
Very professional.Wedding guests thoroughly enjoyed their music experience.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties, corporate events, military dinners.
- How long do you play for?Anything from 1 hour up to a 4 hour booking. We are available for bookings longer than 4 hours where substantial breaks are included.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?N/A
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have public liability insurance with the MU (Musicians Union). We don't have electrical equipment.
- How much space do you require?The full string quartet needs around 3m square if possible. The string duo around half that and can squash in small spaces if need be for ceremonies. The duo is ideal for small churches and small rooms at venues.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We will arrange the music of your favourite tunes for your ceremony, all included in the fee :)
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We generally have a 10 min break in every hour, but we work around the event and take breaks where is convenient.
- What equipment do you need?Dining chairs without arms.
DUO REPERTOIRE LIST
Air from suite no.1 - Water Music (Handel, G.F.)
Air (Bach, J.S.)
Alleluia Exsulate Jubilate (Mozart)
Arrival of the Queen of Sheba (Handel, G.F.)