Kilcannon Irish Band is a high-energy group of experienced and talented musicians. The band plays a mixture of contemporary and traditional Irish music in a unique and lively style. Band members are based in Hampshire but will travel for any type of event if financially viable. Kilcannon can perform as a duo, trio or four-piece as required. All band members have experience of many types of events and venues ranging from pubs and small family parties to international festivals and TV/Radio appearances. The Kilcannon repertoire is generally traditional Irish songs and tunes played by the likes of the Dubliners, Fureys and Clancy Brothers, as well as more contemporary songs from the likes of the Pogues, Steve Earle, the Saw Doctors and Goats Don’t Shave. Kilcannon also has the ability to provide dance music and calling for Ceilidh events and weddings. Kilcannon provide all (fully PAT certified) sound equipment, plus lighting if required, and the band has full public liability insurance.
Charlie• Jan. 31, 2017
Thank you for making our day special. We had Kilcannon for our wedding day in September 2017. Excellent communication and so friendly! I love Irish music so this really made the wedding day feel more special for me. They really created a great atmosphere inside the wedding marquee, I only wish I'd have hired them for a longer set! Thankyou Richard and everyone in the band for the great music and being so well organised. Highly recommend for events and weddings. Pleasure to work with, Thank you.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Kilcannon Irish Band is a high-energy group of experienced and talented musicians playing a mixture of contemporary and traditional Irish music in a unique and lively style.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing in front of 20000 people at the Nuits Celtes Festival in France and touring Poland as part of an EU funded scheme to promote different music cultures around Europe.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Unique approach to Irish music combining traditional and contemporary styles and elements. Ability to provide called dancing for Ceilidhs if required. Full audience participation including visual projection of song chorus lyrics in order to promote mass singalong.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Festivals, corporate functions, weddings, private parties, clubs, pubs, wakes, military messes, Irish clubs, PTA events
- Who are your previous clients?RAC Club Pall Mall, Thorpe Park, London Irish RFC, Save The Children, Slough Irish Club, Eastleigh Irish Club, Basingstoke Irish Club.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash (preferred), internet payment to personal account, cheque.
- How long do you play for?Up to 3 hours. Normal repertoire is 2 x 75 min sets with 30 min break.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. Bose L1 Array System & Bose Tonematch. Assorted stage lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Min 12ft frontage and 6ft depth.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes - if given sufficient time to rehearse (minimum 2 weeks).
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One. Max 30 mins.
All For My Grog
Ballad of St Anne’s Reel
Band Played Waltzing Matilda
Black Velvet Band
Boys From Killibegs
Dirty Old Town
Do You Want Your Old Lobby Washed Down
Fields of Attorney
Haste to the Wedding/Tripping Up The Stairs/Father O’Flynn
Hills of Connemara/Mason’s Apron
Hills of Donegal
I’ll Tell Me Ma
I Useta Love Her
Joyce Country Ceili Band
Kerry Polkas (John Ryan and Dennis Murphy polkas)
Paddy and The Bricks
Rambles of Spring
Rare Auld Mountain Dew
Red Rose Cafe
Rocky Road To Dublin
Rising of the Moon
Seven Drunken Nights
Star of the County Down
Streams of Whiskey
Toss The Feathers
We Danced to and Old Fashioned Tune
Whiskey in the Jar
Plus plenty of tunes for ceilidh dancing!