I’m an Award Winning Specialist Wedding & Event DJ based in the North East of England. I was voted as The Yorkshire and North East Wedding DJ of The Year 2020 in the Wedding Industry Awards. I cover Northumberland, County Durham and Tyne and Wear (Newcastle & Sunderland) and North Yorkshire..
I am a highly skilled and experienced Wedding and Events DJ. I have exceptional knowledge of all music genre's, come with excellent DJ and mixing skills and am clear and confident on the microphone.
I am extremely versatile. Whether you require the very best wedding, function or party DJ, a host for your event or fund raising activities, children's entertainment or master of ceremony services then I can provide what you need.
I offer exceptional customer service and outstanding value for money.
I provide you with clear advice and practical assistance on all aspects of your wedding, function party or event and help to deliver amazing results.
Be absolutely assured you would be booking a top quality DJ with a vast amount of experience and the very best in equipment to enhance your Wedding, Event or Party and help your celebration run smoothly.
When it’s convenient we can get together to talk through how you want your celebration to be and any specific requirements you have. I’ll help you think about finessing elements of your party to help elevate it to another level by making some subtle but important adjustments where necessary.
I put together a detailed plan including play-list preparation and timeline for you to check over and amend until you are absolutely happy with every aspect of it. I work closely with the venue regarding the timeline, access and any specific requirements. Then on the day itself you relax and enjoy yourselves and I make sure that everything happens as we agreed or adjusted to take account of any emerging issues.
Here are 10 compelling reasons why you need to book;
1. You will receive a friendly personal, professional service with outstanding customer service and support.
2. I plan your event and music meticulously with you. I welcome your song suggestions and of course take requests on the night.
3. I have an extensive collection of music from all genres from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s 90’s and noughties including all of the party favourites, through to the current charts, latest releases as well as many specialist remixes. I have over 40,000 music tracks available at the touch of a button.
4. I am skilled DJ, Compere and Presenter with over 20 years experience in a variety of settings. I am confident and clear on the microphone when making announcements or introductions but won’t unnecessarily talk and interrupt the flow of the music. Where appropriate I seamlessly mix the music to create smooth transitions from one song to the next to help keep your guests on the dance floor. I can also be persuasive in getting dancers on the dance-floor if they need some encouragement in a fun way.
5. I use only the highest quality sound, lighting and play-out equipment which is serviced regularly checked and tested to ensure it is fit for purpose.
Audio - Full quality sound providing a nice deep bass with crystal clear mid and high frequencies.
Lighting - All lighting is computer controlled providing a classy coordinated lighting show. I use a professional starlit DJ booth which acts as a centre piece to the DJ set up in a choice of black or white. A range of wash lights, moving heads spot lights delivering stylish wedding gobo’s and prism effects, a high grade scanner that delivers more than 80 agile light beams, each beam chasing the other while continuously changing colour and gobo patterns, 3D Lasers, illuminated lighting podiums and complementary up-lighting.
DJ Play-out - This is club standard Pioneer Nexus set up or a Pioneer DJ Controller.
6. The Party Must Go On - I carry back up equipment so can easily switch equipment in the unlikely event of any failure. I have contingency plans in place for all potential foreseeable events.
7. I operate a fully legal and safe business - I am registered with the HMRC, hold public liability insurance of £10m, undertake venue visits, prepare risk assessments and ensure my equipment is regularly checked and is safe for use.
8. I take your stress away liaise directly with the venue regarding access and any specific requirements they have so you don't have to. I will be at the venue in good time to ensure that the equipment is set up safely and in such a way to minimise any inconvenience to your guests.
9. I communicate regularly and confirm everything in writing. I’m very easy to contact and very responsive to any questions or queries you have in the run up to your wedding or celebration. Everything is planned, checked and confirmed, so your celebration and the music is just the way you want it.
10. I have a 100% client satisfaction and 5 star record and often receive letters, cards, emails and social media expressions of deeply sincere thanks from couple's who have used my services. I regularly get follow on bookings as well as referrals because of the quality of what I do.
Marc Bainbridge• Nov. 12, 2018
couldnt recommend icon enough to be honest, not only a really nice guy but he listened to everything me and my wife asked and made the nyt so unique for us! more or less every guest has been in touch to mention how good the dj was! which is rare i my eyes! thank you so much for making our nyt as perfect as we had hoped for
Kyle Mayne• Oct. 9, 2018
"We can’t thank Ian enough for the amazing service he provided for our wedding day on the 16th August 2018 at Newton Hall. Planning a wedding can be a stressful time and picking a DJ who is going to match our tastes was very important to us. Before the wedding, Ian very kindly invited us to his home - where we discussed our ideas and collaborated with him to get the best out of our day. He recommended so many things we didn’t consider ourselves, and these finer details really made the occasion that extra special. With his fantastic suggestions - we decided to have him there the whole day, covering the ceremony, wedding breakfast & evening reception. We are extremely pleased that we made this decision.
Our ceremony was outdoors, which meant that Ian had to move locations around the venue at certain times throughout the day, we weren’t expecting this, but Ian fitted this into his service with no hesitation and no disruption. On the night time Ian entertained our guests with a broad range of songs that kept the party going well into the night. On top of the service he provided on the day he also took photographs of our guests and recorded our speeches. If you are thinking about booking Ian and Icon Entertainment, do not hesitate he goes above and beyond what you expect from a DJ.
We really could not recommend him enough. Thank you so much for making our wedding day fantastic, Ian! Best wishes, Mr & Mrs Mayne."
Shelley Brown• Oct. 14, 2018
fantastic dj... he was so helpful when it came to picking our wedding songs both day time and night time music and we couldn't be happier. constantly stayed in contact to help make sure everything went smoothly and it was a brilliant wedding
Duncan Storey• Oct. 18, 2018
We booked Ian through recommendation and he really went above and beyond! If you want a professional DJ who really cares about your whole day, then I wouldn’t look anywhere else!
Angela Dunsmure• Oct. 19, 2018
Ian - can't thank you enough for making our wedding day so wildly outrageous and unforgettable from start to finish! You have a true talent for reading the energy in the room and working your music magic! We had an absolute blast and would highly recommend you! Thank you!
Natalie Bainbridge• Nov. 12, 2018
"I can’t recommend Ian enough! From the moment we met and discussed our playlist we knew he’s was going to be great!
From mixing our first dance to make it unique for us to playing every song we asked for and more!
Also the pictures Ian took through the night captured some special moments for us!
Thanks so much Ian you made our night � xx"
- What style of music do you offer?Good mix of all styles of music 50s, 60s, 70s, 80's, 90's, 00's, top 40 Pop, R&B, Soul, Funk, Disco, Rock, Dance, House, indie
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes, please ask if you would like something that isn't specifically mentioned. I will advise whether I can provide what you would like. I work with a range of trusted suppliers so can arrange the provision of additional products and services.
Wedding DJ and Disco
Party DJ and Disco
Master of Ceremonies
Disco for all occasions
Product Launches and Promotions
Corporate Events and Parties
Children's Disco and Party Games
All parties, celebrations and events catered for.