I'm a top rated Multi-Award Winning Wedding DJ. I was voted North East and Yorkshire Wedding DJ of the Year in the Wedding Industry Awards 2020 based on feedback from the couples I've worked. I also won the title of North East Wedding Entertainer of the Year 2019 in the 4th English Wedding Awards.
I'm a professional DJ with extensive experience in a variety of settings including clubs, bars and radio and now very much focus on delivering outstanding weddings and I believe the service I offer is second to none. You can have a little look through my blog which has some information on some of the weddings and events I've been involved in on my website.
I have well over a hundred 5 star reviews on Facebook alone for you to browse through to give you a great insight into what previous customers have said about my involvement in their wedding.
Everything is tailored to your requirements and planned meticulously with you in a face to face meeting.
I work with you on prepping the music you’d like played as part of your wedding. You have lots of control and influence over the music, the vibe and the atmosphere you’d like to create. Trust me as a skilled DJ to mix the music you and your guests love to keep the energy high and the dance floor moving and create the maximum impact.
I also offer help and guidance on all of the music input into your wedding from my experience of what works. This helps you think about the music for the whole of your wedding and how the music can complement your day perfectly.
I come with the very best in audio equipment, stunning computer controlled lighting effects, moving head spotlights which project hearts, stars etc and an elegant DJ set up which looks fantastic in any venue.
Here are 10 compelling reasons why you need to book;
1. You will receive a friendly personal, professional service with outstanding customer service and support.
2. I plan your event and music meticulously with you. I welcome your song suggestions and of course take requests on the night.
3. I have an extensive collection of music from all genres from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s 90’s and noughties including all of the party favourites, through to the current charts, latest releases as well as many specialist remixes. I have over 40,000 music tracks available at the touch of a button.
4. I am skilled DJ, Compere and Presenter with over 20 years experience in a variety of settings. I am confident and clear on the microphone when making announcements or introductions but won’t unnecessarily talk and interrupt the flow of the music. Where appropriate I seamlessly mix the music to create smooth transitions from one song to the next to help keep your guests on the dance floor. I can also be persuasive in getting dancers on the dance-floor if they need some encouragement in a fun way.
5. I use only the highest quality sound, lighting and play-out equipment which is serviced regularly checked and tested to ensure it is fit for purpose.
Audio - Full quality sound providing a nice deep bass with crystal clear mid and high frequencies.
Lighting - All lighting is computer controlled providing a classy coordinated lighting show. I use a professional starlit DJ booth which acts as a centre piece to the DJ set up in a choice of black or white. A range of wash lights, moving heads spot lights delivering stylish wedding gobo’s and prism effects, a high grade scanner that delivers more than 80 agile light beams, each beam chasing the other while continuously changing colour and gobo patterns, 3D Lasers, illuminated lighting podiums and complementary up-lighting.
DJ Play-out - This is club standard Pioneer Nexus set up or a Pioneer DJ Controller.
6. The Party Must Go On - I carry back up equipment so can easily switch equipment in the unlikely event of any failure. I have contingency plans in place for all potential foreseeable events.
7. I operate a fully legal and safe business - I am registered with the HMRC, hold public liability insurance of £10m, undertake venue visits, prepare risk assessments and ensure my equipment is regularly checked and is safe for use.
8. I take your stress away liaise directly with the venue regarding access and any specific requirements they have so you don't have to. I will be at the venue in good time to ensure that the equipment is set up safely and in such a way to minimise any inconvenience to your guests.
9. I communicate regularly and confirm everything in writing. I’m very easy to contact and very responsive to any questions or queries you have in the run up to your wedding or celebration. Everything is planned, checked and confirmed, so your celebration and the music is just the way you want it.
10. I have a 100% client satisfaction and 5 star record and often receive letters, cards, emails and social media expressions of deeply sincere thanks from couple's who have used my services. I regularly get follow on bookings as well as referrals because of the quality of what I do.
Katie Taylor• Feb. 7, 2020
Ian was a fantastic DJ at our wedding, we never stopped dancing! I would highly recommend him to everyone.
AMANDA L D TALL• Oct. 19, 2019
We hired Ian for our wedding and couldn't be happier. He really knows his stuff and judges the feel of the room really well to keep the dance floor busy. Great mixing, fab lights and an all round lovely guy. Thank you for being part of our day.
Claire Jamieson• Dec. 11, 2018
What can I say Ian you were absolutely amazing!! Would highly recommend if you are looking for a DJ for whatever the occasion you need to use Ian. He has been awesome from start to end such a gent and THE best DJ I have ever seen. Thanks again Ian
Laura Routledge• Dec. 5, 2018
Ian did our wedding on Monday and I have to say he went above and beyond all our expectations. Guests have commented on how fab he was. I cannot recommend him enough. it was a bonus to have some fabulous pictures of the night too. Thank you so much Ian xxxx
Laura Routledge• Dec. 1, 2018
Cannot recommend Ian highly enough. He obviously loves what he does and it really shows. He was absolutely fantastic at our Wedding yesterday and has been so helpful throughout the entire planning process. Thank you so much!
Daniel Scott• Nov. 18, 2018
"an was our Wedding DJ and was amazing from even before we booked him. We can't recommend him enough!
His professionalism in his approach to providing a personalised quote really meant he stood out from the rest. The quote itself was also very reasonable.
He was very responsive when we had anything to query in the run-up and we met about a month beforehand where he put our minds at ease knowing the music was in safe hands! At this point we went through what music we wanted at each stage of the day and he demonstrated his knowledge with his very good suggestions and opinions.
Ian not only DJ'd the night but he provided all the music for the rest of the day on an iPad for the venue to just press play, including editing some tracks!
In terms of the night, he kept the dancefloor busy by judging people's reactions to different song types. He did a tremendous job of keeping the evening flowing and everyone commented on what a great night it was!
Thank you so much!"
What style of music do you offer?
Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?
Wedding DJ and Disco
Party DJ and Disco
Master of Ceremonies
Disco for all occasions
Product Launches and Promotions
Corporate Events and Parties
Children's Disco and Party Games
All parties, celebrations and events catered for.