Icon Entertainments Specialist Wedding and Event DJ
I’m an Award Winning Specialist Wedding & Event DJ based in the North East of England. I was voted as The Yorkshire and North East Wedding DJ of The Year 2020 in the Wedding Industry Awards. I cover Northumberland, County Durham and Tyne and Wear (Newcastle & Sunderland) and North Yorkshire..
I am a highly skilled and experienced Wedding and Events DJ. I have exceptional knowledge of all music genre's, come with excellent DJ and mixing skills and am clear and confident on the microphone.
I am extremely versatile. Whether you require the very best wedding, function or party DJ, a host for your event or fund raising activities, children's entertainment or master of ceremony services then I can provide what you need.
I offer exceptional customer service and outstanding value for money.
I provide you with clear advice and practical assistance on all aspects of your wedding, function party or event and help to deliver amazing results.
Be absolutely assured you would be booking a top quality DJ with a vast amount of experience and the very best in equipment to enhance your Wedding, Event or Party and help your celebration run smoothly.
When it’s convenient we can get together to talk through how you want your celebration to be and any specific requirements you have. I’ll help you think about finessing elements of your party to help elevate it to another level by making some subtle but important adjustments where necessary.
I put together a detailed plan including play-list preparation and timeline for you to check over and amend until you are absolutely happy with every aspect of it. I work closely with the venue regarding the timeline, access and any specific requirements. Then on the day itself you relax and enjoy yourselves and I make sure that everything happens as we agreed or adjusted to take account of any emerging issues.
Here are 10 compelling reasons why you need to book;
1. You will receive a friendly personal, professional service with outstanding customer service and support.
2. I plan your event and music meticulously with you. I welcome your song suggestions and of course take requests on the night.
3. I have an extensive collection of music from all genres from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s 90’s and noughties including all of the party favourites, through to the current charts, latest releases as well as many specialist remixes. I have over 40,000 music tracks available at the touch of a button.
4. I am skilled DJ, Compere and Presenter with over 20 years experience in a variety of settings. I am confident and clear on the microphone when making announcements or introductions but won’t unnecessarily talk and interrupt the flow of the music. Where appropriate I seamlessly mix the music to create smooth transitions from one song to the next to help keep your guests on the dance floor. I can also be persuasive in getting dancers on the dance-floor if they need some encouragement in a fun way.
5. I use only the highest quality sound, lighting and play-out equipment which is serviced regularly checked and tested to ensure it is fit for purpose.
Audio - Full quality sound providing a nice deep bass with crystal clear mid and high frequencies.
Lighting - All lighting is computer controlled providing a classy coordinated lighting show. I use a professional starlit DJ booth which acts as a centre piece to the DJ set up in a choice of black or white. A range of wash lights, moving heads spot lights delivering stylish wedding gobo’s and prism effects, a high grade scanner that delivers more than 80 agile light beams, each beam chasing the other while continuously changing colour and gobo patterns, 3D Lasers, illuminated lighting podiums and complementary up-lighting.
DJ Play-out - This is club standard Pioneer Nexus set up or a Pioneer DJ Controller.
6. The Party Must Go On - I carry back up equipment so can easily switch equipment in the unlikely event of any failure. I have contingency plans in place for all potential foreseeable events.
7. I operate a fully legal and safe business - I am registered with the HMRC, hold public liability insurance of £10m, undertake venue visits, prepare risk assessments and ensure my equipment is regularly checked and is safe for use.
8. I take your stress away liaise directly with the venue regarding access and any specific requirements they have so you don't have to. I will be at the venue in good time to ensure that the equipment is set up safely and in such a way to minimise any inconvenience to your guests.
9. I communicate regularly and confirm everything in writing. I’m very easy to contact and very responsive to any questions or queries you have in the run up to your wedding or celebration. Everything is planned, checked and confirmed, so your celebration and the music is just the way you want it.
10. I have a 100% client satisfaction and 5 star record and often receive letters, cards, emails and social media expressions of deeply sincere thanks from couple's who have used my services. I regularly get follow on bookings as well as referrals because of the quality of what I do.
Katie Taylor• Feb. 7, 2020
Ian was a fantastic DJ at our wedding, we never stopped dancing! I would highly recommend him to everyone.
AMANDA L D TALL• Oct. 19, 2019
We hired Ian for our wedding and couldn't be happier. He really knows his stuff and judges the feel of the room really well to keep the dance floor busy. Great mixing, fab lights and an all round lovely guy. Thank you for being part of our day.
Claire Jamieson• Dec. 11, 2018
What can I say Ian you were absolutely amazing!! Would highly recommend if you are looking for a DJ for whatever the occasion you need to use Ian. He has been awesome from start to end such a gent and THE best DJ I have ever seen. Thanks again Ian
Laura Routledge• Dec. 5, 2018
Ian did our wedding on Monday and I have to say he went above and beyond all our expectations. Guests have commented on how fab he was. I cannot recommend him enough. it was a bonus to have some fabulous pictures of the night too. Thank you so much Ian xxxx
Laura Routledge• Dec. 1, 2018
Cannot recommend Ian highly enough. He obviously loves what he does and it really shows. He was absolutely fantastic at our Wedding yesterday and has been so helpful throughout the entire planning process. Thank you so much!
Daniel Scott• Nov. 18, 2018
"an was our Wedding DJ and was amazing from even before we booked him. We can't recommend him enough!
His professionalism in his approach to providing a personalised quote really meant he stood out from the rest. The quote itself was also very reasonable.
He was very responsive when we had anything to query in the run-up and we met about a month beforehand where he put our minds at ease knowing the music was in safe hands! At this point we went through what music we wanted at each stage of the day and he demonstrated his knowledge with his very good suggestions and opinions.
Ian not only DJ'd the night but he provided all the music for the rest of the day on an iPad for the venue to just press play, including editing some tracks!
In terms of the night, he kept the dancefloor busy by judging people's reactions to different song types. He did a tremendous job of keeping the evening flowing and everyone commented on what a great night it was!
Thank you so much!"
- What style of music do you offer?Good mix of all styles of music 50s, 60s, 70s, 80's, 90's, 00's, top 40 Pop, R&B, Soul, Funk, Disco, Rock, Dance, House, indie
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes, please ask if you would like something that isn't specifically mentioned. I will advise whether I can provide what you would like. I work with a range of trusted suppliers so can arrange the provision of additional products and services.
Wedding DJ and Disco
Party DJ and Disco
Master of Ceremonies
Disco for all occasions
Product Launches and Promotions
Corporate Events and Parties
Children's Disco and Party Games
All parties, celebrations and events catered for.