Hey! I've heard you're getting married and you're looking for a photographer? You've come to the right place! I've been shooting weddings for over 20 years and have hundreds of happy customers, still geeking out over their wedding albums. I'd love to meet you both and show you more of my work and to let you meet me - it's essential that you've met your wedding photographer before the day, as if you don't like them as a person, well, it's a bit late to discover this on your wedding day! My customer feedback is full of praise for my friendly but professional approach as well as the quality of my photography. I cover all the main parts of the day in the modern documentary style but I also do family group photos - these are essential as a historical record of the generations of family members who attended your wedding day. I hope to hear from you soon!
Services From Daniel Charles Photography
Platinum Wedding Photography Package
Gold Wedding Photography Package
Silver Wedding Photography Package
Diamond Wedding Photography Package
- What services do you offer?I'm primarily a wedding photographer, but I also photograph events, both corporate and personal. I've photographed awards ceremonies, birthday parties, christenings etc.
- What does the wedding package include?My packages include all day photography (generally we shoot form bridal preparations to the evening buffet), a broad choice of wedding albums and a 'shooting assistant'. This is one of my team who assist me during the day and also take photos at key moments.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?Absolutely not!
- What style of photos do you take?I call my style 'artistically managed documentary'. I unobtrusively document all parts of the day but I also include family groups (a vital record of the generations who attended your wedding) and artistically staged couple shots. I often find that couples aren't sure what to do in front of the camera, so some gentle prompts and suggestions from me help to produce beautiful natural-looking photos. I don't do props and I don't do strange poses - I fully appreciate that we're all normal people, not fashionistas and style models!
- What kind of technology do you use?I use Canon camera equipment (5DmkIII cameras and various Canon lenses) and I edit all my photos on a Mac Pro.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?What's a photographic report? :-) I always aim to deliver wedding photos for the bride and groom's return from honeymoon, although in very busy times, this target can be hard to hit. Normally it's about 3 weeks before I'm ready to release photos, but I always give the couple a sneak preview of 20 or so images the day after their wedding,
- Do you send all the photos taken?No - I release all usable photos. Generally a wedding photographed by me and my assistant will produce about 800 images.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I work with one assistant at weddings, and normally on my own for events. I can draw on other professionals to join me for any type of shoot if required.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?Absolutely. I'm a member of more than one emergency wedding photographer group online, so in the highly unlikely event that I was unable to attend a wedding (this has never happened in more than ten years of shooting!) I would be able to source another professional photographer to cover the event.
- Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?I think there's two possible meanings to this question. First, like all professional photographers, I don't give away copyright - in UK law, it is granted to the media producer automatically. However, I do grant a license to all my customers to print and share their photos at will. The only caveat to this is that no un-watermarked images are allowed to be posted on social media or given to other vendors from the couple's supplier list. I supply both watermarked and un-watermarked versions of EVERY image. If the question means, do I retain the right to publish the images myself, then the answer is yes, I do. I retain the right to use images that I have taken for the advertising and promotion of my business.
Photography, wedding albums and a friendly disposition, not to mention solid experience of how to make sure your wedding day runs to schedule!