Cliff Smith Photography
I'm a very experienced events photographer, covering Devon, Cornwall, Dorset and Somerset. I specialise in live music events including concerts and festivals, as well as club nights and DJ sets, but I also shoot parties, weddings, real estate, commercial product photography, portraits, and pretty much any other type of photography. As well as photography I am also an expert in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, and can edit your images to your specified requirements, re-touch portraits and modelling shots, and remove blemishes or unwanted objects from photos.
Stuart Melvin• Dec. 14, 2019
Cliff stepped in at the last minute to cover my Mum’s wedding, did a fantastic job, was very helpful regarding a pricing error due to Poptop and is a lovely bloke to boot. Highly recommended!
Diana Darwall• July 5, 2019
Cliff turned up on time and was unobtrusive and polite with guests. I think he could have been a bit more proactive in getting groups together to smile for the camera. I can't really comment on this yet though, as the photographs haven't come through on the website.
He was dressed a bit on the casual side for our liking. A crisp clean shirt would have been nicer than the grey baggy polo shirt he turned up in, but perhaps he does this to blend into the background. A black crisp cotton shirt would have done the trick.
Anyway, let's see what the photos are like and it was nice to know that someone was recording the event for us.
Thanks for organising, best regards, Diana
Oliver Kent• March 14, 2019
"Cliff was absolutely smashing. We booked him as slight matter of urgency, with our event (a university Spring Ball) only a few weeks away. His very competitive price made him stand out - he was over £100 cheaper than the other quotes we received!
His quality of service was anything but cheap. He took plenty of wonderful, high-quality photos for our event. We had booked him for 2 hours, but when he learnt that the event's main attraction (a casino) was only going to open after he finished, he stayed longer to take some great photos of guests enjoying the casino - at no additional cost! He was also happy to take photographs for us even though the event coincided with his birthday!
As well as taking some fantastic photos, he complied with all our requests for different invoices, public liability insurance certificates etc.. He was happy to be paid in cheque, our only method of payment. He processed the photos very quickly following the event and put them online on a very accessible platform where guests can view them, download them, upload them to Facebook and purchase physical prints.
Overall, Cliff is an outstanding photographer who offers his services at such a great price. He is also a genuinely nice bloke and happily interacted with the guests as well. I would highly recommend him."
- What services do you offer?I offer event photography, specialising in live music concerts, nightclubs, dance parties, festivals and DJ events. I also offer post-processing and Photoshop work to prepare images for display or publication.
- What does the wedding package include?I generally only shoot non-church weddings, so if you're getting hitched at a registry office, a hotel or another venue I'll be happy to accommodate you. I will work with you to plan the shots for the day, scout the venue to find the best location for the after-ceremony shots, and if required include photos of the preparations for the big day. It's usually a good idea to plan your wedding photos well in advance, so make sure to book early, preferably several months in advance. If you're looking for someone to shoot a full church wedding I can do it of course, but I will say that there are better specialist church wedding photographers out there. They're expensive, but they'll do a great job.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?No. Shooting a wedding is a big commitment that demands my undivided attention, and I would never take on more than one per day.
- What kind of technology do you use?I use a Pentax K-3 APS-C digital SLR camera with a selection of zoom lenses. I also use a Pentax camera-mounted flashgun for events, or a Bowens twin-head monobloc flash system for studio shoots.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?Depending on the level of post-production work required I can usually deliver a session of a hundred images in 24 hours.
- Do you send all the photos taken?Usually, I would select the best shots and only deliver those. Most clients require a minimum number of shots per hour for a booking, so I'll usually shoot at least twice that number to ensure that I can deliver only the best quality results. However, if you want to retain ownership of the rejected shots as well that's fine with me.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I usually work alone, unless the client has booked more than one photographer to cover an event, in which case I'll coordinate with them to avoid duplication.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?No, but I will make every humanly possible effort to honour any bookings. I do know a couple of other freelancers that could take on a booking in an emergency.
- Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?Generally, the rights to wedding photographs belong to the couple who hire the photographer unless any other special arrangements are made.
Event photographer, portrait photographer, dating site profile photographer